NoVa area - need dr rec for hysteroscopy to remove scar

NoVa area - need dr rec for hysteroscopy to remove scar

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 31st, 2012, 2:08 am #1

Hi ladies, it seems I need to have a hysteroscopy to remove "lesions" and possibly polyps. I would be grateful for any recommendations in northern Virginia area. I prefer not to have it done in a hospital if I can help it.

Thank you in advance.

March 31st, 2012, 3:13 pm #2

To correct banding. I had a failed cycled about six months later and decided to have a follow-up exam at another clinic. The SIS showed that I was healed and the banding was cleared. My next cycle three months later, I conceived and bore twins. But the operation was performed at Inova Fairfax, not in his office. Take care, Maggie (in VA)

Anon for this one
Anon for this one

April 1st, 2012, 12:23 pm #3

Hi ladies, it seems I need to have a hysteroscopy to remove "lesions" and possibly polyps. I would be grateful for any recommendations in northern Virginia area. I prefer not to have it done in a hospital if I can help it.

Thank you in advance.
I am anon for this and hope it won't be deleted by the mods. If they check the IP address they will see I am a longtime poster. I just do not feel like putting my board name to this. Sharara at VCRM did two operative hysteroscopies for me at Reston hospital. He also did a couple of diagnostic hysteroscopies in his office. I would not recommend him. Ultimately, he took care of my issue but was a long, drawn out process mostly because of him. I am grateful to him because he took care of a problem in my uterus without further damaging it (which could have happened). But I had such a negative experience with him overall that I really cannot recommend him. I would imagine with all of the REs in the area that there will be plenty of options for someone who is a good surgeon and also treats patients with respect and civility. All these years later, I still cringe when I think about him. It was that bad.

Good luck.

Anon

April 1st, 2012, 3:25 pm #4

He does not have the best reputation, I have found. In his defense, it was the idiot Dr Broomfield who did the first one, then lied to me saying it was ocmplete, then suggested a follow up diagnostic "just to make sure" after which Dr Asmar removed it successfully, in his office. so fwiw I ultimately had a good experience but it took several precious months.

Last edited by Blessed_Thistle on April 1st, 2012, 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 2nd, 2012, 3:23 pm #5

Thank you in advance.
I know you say you would prefer not to have it at a hospital, and I know some doctors do perform operative hysteroscopies in-office, but it's crucial surgery for you, so I would put "getting it done right" at the top of the list, as the two other posters' responses suggest. Also, is this scarring -- Asherman's? Get on the Asherman's Yahoo group and see what doctors are available. Honestly, when I looked back in 2009, there was a truly surprising paucity of top tier Asherman's doctors in the DC metro area given how many major medical institutions we have around here. If you think your case might be more serious, think about traveling to a top tier doctor for your procedure. Not getting it done right means months or years of wasted time and money plus heartache. I was lucky in that I had the least serious form of Asherman's. Take care, Maggie (in VA)

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 4th, 2012, 12:21 am #6

Thank you in advance.
Who posted recommendations and which clinic to stay away from. I have an appt with Dr. Steren who removed my fibroid and plan to ask him if he can do this hysteroscopy. His office can do either in office or in a surgery center. I hearecd about Dr. James Robinson and Dr. Marfori at GW who are specialized in Asherman's.

Maggie I value your comments very much. Have you heard of them?

Thank you!