no more HB at 14 weeks

no more HB at 14 weeks

Dee
Dee

May 24th, 2011, 8:13 pm #1

The sonogram today showed baby was 14 weeks (measurement), should have been 16 weeks and the placenta was about 12 weeks. No heartbeat. Had an amnio but they said it would probably reveal nothing. I thought if you made it through the first trimester it was likely going to go full term?

LadyMagoo
LadyMagoo

May 24th, 2011, 8:16 pm #2

My heart aches for you.

May 24th, 2011, 8:26 pm #3

The sonogram today showed baby was 14 weeks (measurement), should have been 16 weeks and the placenta was about 12 weeks. No heartbeat. Had an amnio but they said it would probably reveal nothing. I thought if you made it through the first trimester it was likely going to go full term?
because I know you must be numb right now I know all on here are saddened by hearing this knowing how it feels to have had this happen to them. It is just horrible. I am so very sorry.

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

May 24th, 2011, 8:27 pm #4

What a terrible loss. Thoughts and hugs coming your way. Take care of yourself.

Dee
Dee

May 24th, 2011, 8:31 pm #5

because I know you must be numb right now I know all on here are saddened by hearing this knowing how it feels to have had this happen to them. It is just horrible. I am so very sorry.
I would not be so surprised if it happened earlier on, but after 16 weeks? And it appeared normal, no signs of down syndrome or other problems. Always a strong HB. A month ago, it was right on target for growth. I am looking for possible answers.

Had severe diarrhea during the first trimester. It got so bad that I was drinking gatorade all the time. I believed it was mild food poisoning from consuming eggs, although I did not have any more severe symptoms.

May 24th, 2011, 8:55 pm #6

I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope you can get some answers as to why you've experienced this loss. Please know I am thinking of you!

((hugs))

ks

May 24th, 2011, 9:18 pm #7

I'm so very sorry for your loss, and I wish you peace and healing.

May 24th, 2011, 9:30 pm #8

This is so sad. I am so sorry this happened. take care

May 24th, 2011, 9:33 pm #9

Your loss is a loss for all of us, and we grieve with you. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs going out to you.

May 24th, 2011, 10:15 pm #10

Truly awful news to hear and I wish to join everyone here in sending my condolences to you. I know it would be normal to feel everything should be ok after the first trimester because statistically the chances of live birth are better then. Unfortunately, not all ends well thereafter and I am so sad that this is the case for you and your little one. Often there are no answers but perhaps the amnio will show something that will answer your questions. Can they check the placenta too for any problems, particularly as you mention the placenta was behind in weeks? I say this because a friend lost a child in the 7th month due to a blood clot in the placenta which they said was very rare. Maybe they will check this routinely as part of their investigation but I thought I would mention it. I hope you find the answer.

Sending you a comforting hug Dee.

Aoife