Mrs..McIrish
Mrs..McIrish

January 30th, 2014, 12:24 am #41

Dr. T at SIRM NY does appear to take my insurance but DH would flip a lid if I suggested another doc at this point, lol..
Quote
Share

Mrs..McIrish
Mrs..McIrish

January 30th, 2014, 12:27 am #42

Kwak Kim also appears to take my insurance... DH has been wanting to see Chicago for a few years....
Quote
Share

Stacey
Stacey

January 30th, 2014, 1:23 am #43

DH was karotyped after DE2 and it was normal. Sperm frag dna was normal too. My RE doesn't believe in immune stuff so he's not going to give me orders for it. What did you get tested for by your RE? I don't have it in me to pursue a reproductive immunologist nor the funds for IVIG etc. I am negative for factor 5. I have no auto immune issues -- no allergies, no chronic issues, no thyroid issues--nothing at all that I can think of. I truly don't believe this is an immune issue. I think sperm that is DNA-damaged has been selected by the embryologist because you can't see anything visually wrong with the sperm which results in abnormal embryos. But I'm open to testing to rule stuff out but I won't get any help from the RBA doc because I didn't want to wait for the one doc who believes in this stuff there... Another mistake on my part.
Maybe it's possible for you too switch? Or at least request a consult with him.
Quote
Share

Mrs.McIrish
Mrs.McIrish

January 30th, 2014, 1:26 am #44

Do you mean switch within RBA to Toledo? I don't think you can but am not 100%. We're in the FEA so I can't leave the clinic as the single cycle penalty would be too steep for us to absorb.
Quote
Share

Thk
Thk

January 30th, 2014, 1:44 am #45

I went in this morning for a beta draw because I "knew" it wasn't right. My intuition was correct as the beta only rose to 155. No miracle. DH and I really drew the short straw with all things infertility-related. The doctor will see who else used the eggs(there was an ET today with them) and won't make me use the frosties if no one else has an on-going pg. Otherwise I have to transfer them before selecting a new donor. I don't have the stomach to do this anymore but I can't get out of the program w/out a huge financial hit that we can't afford to just let them keep. I just caved and told my mom. I truly hate all of this. It's sheer misery...
Dear mrs mcirish,
I am very sorry to hear this. It is of no consolation but your time WILL come Peter it really will. For today I am sending you prayers and strength from all of us here, I know your pain and I wish it was not so petal, thk.
Quote
Share

Violet
Violet

January 30th, 2014, 3:27 am #46

I was so hoping that everything would be fine. We need some good news from one of us!

I am really sorry, Mrs. M. I had such high hopes for you.

Good idea checkign w/ RB to see what is going on with the other transfer. That will be a huge part of this.

Please keep us posted and hang in there.
Thinking of you.
Violet
Mrs. M -
I think you should ask about switching to Dr. T. I think he has more wide reaching skills to help you in this situation - in that he is open to more options.

As you know, my case is difficult and he worked with me.

Also, I have taken 2 mos off from all of this. I made no decisions and just read the boards, blogs and yahoo immune to keep myself in the loop but did nothing for myself other than take good care of myself.

I am beginning to formulate my next plan. Not sure yet what I am doing but I have some balls in the air.

It is amazing what a couple of months did for me.
Thinking of you.
Quote
Share

Dee
Dee

January 30th, 2014, 4:22 am #47

Still, I think taking the high EPA fish oil is a "can't hurt/might help" for almost anyone though maybe someone else will have input.

For your husband...has he considered taking supplements to boost mitochondrial function of his sperm? PQQ, cordyceps, CoQ10, d ribose etc? Just a thought. Would your husband possibly consider a cycle with part donor sperm and part his? I know someone who ended up choosing this route, transferred 2 (3?) on day that included both her husband's sperm and donor, and got pregnant with a singleton, who turned out to be her husband's genetic child.
I've taken the high EPA fish oil for over a year now, through 3 failed cycles.

I am being tested more extensively for immunity issues. My previous test revealed no immune issues, no NK cells.

But the high EPA fish oil hasn't helped me have success on a cycle. Again, it might not be immunity issues. It could be something else.....like a bad clinic, that is causing my failures.
Quote
Share

Dee
Dee

January 30th, 2014, 4:32 am #48

To admit that I just don't want to pursue this? I know that it may very well mean I end up CFNBC. I totally believe in RI but just don't want to. Is that awful? We don't have bc/bs and there's just no more money to give to this. I've been unable to find a job for a long time and lost a six figure salary. I know some would give their very last dollar to this but I can't. Maybe that makes me unworthy of getting a child but it is what it is. I think I've gone as far as I'm willing to go in the circles of hell...
I don't think its bad to not want to pursue IVF anymore, and I definitely don't think it means that someone is unworthy of a having a child.

I may have to give up too based on finances. Also, I may be forced to give up in a few years because most clinics don't cycle women over age 50.

Although I don't think immunity issues should be overlooked, not ALL IVF failure is caused by immunity issues. Sometimes it is a bad clinic, with a not-so-great lab, that causes repeat failures.

I have been locked into a deal with an overseas clinic (3 fresh, 3 frozen) for a certain amount of money, and sadly I've wasted almost 3 years doing cycles with them. They've never even done a blood test on me, for anything. They do not post their success rate or statistics anywhere. We went to this clinic because it was cheaper than cycling in the USA.
Quote
Share

Joined: March 25th, 2008, 8:46 pm

January 30th, 2014, 2:45 pm #49

I've taken the high EPA fish oil for over a year now, through 3 failed cycles.

I am being tested more extensively for immunity issues. My previous test revealed no immune issues, no NK cells.

But the high EPA fish oil hasn't helped me have success on a cycle. Again, it might not be immunity issues. It could be something else.....like a bad clinic, that is causing my failures.
Not incredibly (I don't have the numbers anymore) but all a little above normal. Definitely in need of some modulation. I hope your keys to success are just around the bend.
Last edited by Blessed_Thistle on January 30th, 2014, 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: August 1st, 2012, 6:50 pm

January 30th, 2014, 3:10 pm #50

Kwak Kim also appears to take my insurance... DH has been wanting to see Chicago for a few years....
Kim Kwak gets consistently high marks on the immunology board. If you go that route with insurance that covers some of the testing, costs may be more reasonable.

Hang in there,
Sophie
Quote
Like
Share