Mrs. McIrish
Mrs. McIrish

January 29th, 2014, 2:47 pm #21

I am screaming for you. You have been through so much and I was really rooting for you that this would be the cycle. I know that there are probably issues with the donor eggs, but I was just wondering, have you gotten the thrombophilia blood panel done (recurrent m/c panel). I am sure you have, just checking. Take care
I just asked for the orders to run this when beta is zero. I had a few things run last fall but OB didn't run full panel even though I asked for it.

January 29th, 2014, 5:42 pm #22

I wouldn't even consider cycling again until all stones are unturned. Good for you. Keep us posted!

Violet
Violet

January 29th, 2014, 5:59 pm #23

I went in this morning for a beta draw because I "knew" it wasn't right. My intuition was correct as the beta only rose to 155. No miracle. DH and I really drew the short straw with all things infertility-related. The doctor will see who else used the eggs(there was an ET today with them) and won't make me use the frosties if no one else has an on-going pg. Otherwise I have to transfer them before selecting a new donor. I don't have the stomach to do this anymore but I can't get out of the program w/out a huge financial hit that we can't afford to just let them keep. I just caved and told my mom. I truly hate all of this. It's sheer misery...
I was so hoping that everything would be fine. We need some good news from one of us!

I am really sorry, Mrs. M. I had such high hopes for you.

Good idea checkign w/ RB to see what is going on with the other transfer. That will be a huge part of this.

Please keep us posted and hang in there.
Thinking of you.
Violet

January 29th, 2014, 6:05 pm #24

I just asked for the orders to run this when beta is zero. I had a few things run last fall but OB didn't run full panel even though I asked for it.
I just wrapped up my recuurent miscarriage, auto immune, and karyotpe testing following my most recent loss. Happy to share the full list of everything tested if you're interested. Also had DH do his karyotping. FWIW all the labs were covered by HPHC. Your clinic needs to do absolutely everything to see if there's something that you could do differently to improve the outcome if you try again.

January 29th, 2014, 6:19 pm #25

DH was karotyped after DE2 and it was normal. Sperm frag dna was normal too. My RE doesn't believe in immune stuff so he's not going to give me orders for it. What did you get tested for by your RE? I don't have it in me to pursue a reproductive immunologist nor the funds for IVIG etc. I am negative for factor 5. I have no auto immune issues -- no allergies, no chronic issues, no thyroid issues--nothing at all that I can think of. I truly don't believe this is an immune issue. I think sperm that is DNA-damaged has been selected by the embryologist because you can't see anything visually wrong with the sperm which results in abnormal embryos. But I'm open to testing to rule stuff out but I won't get any help from the RBA doc because I didn't want to wait for the one doc who believes in this stuff there... Another mistake on my part.
Last edited by Mrs.McIrish on January 29th, 2014, 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 29th, 2014, 6:44 pm #26

and found that supposedly high EPA fish oil can help modulate NK cell levels. I did take several grams of a high EPA fish oil for several months on my final cycle. It was certainly cheaper than ivig, which I had had to use for my failed SIRM cycle.

Did a quick google on EPA/NK cells and found this:http://www.fertilethoughts.com/forums/i ... -info.html
Last edited by Blessed_Thistle on January 29th, 2014, 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 29th, 2014, 7:12 pm #27

Is this a test that is contained in a repeated loss panel? I don't have access to anyone who can run anything "non-traditional".. We will not go see any more doctors at this point... No RI for me. We had to draw a line in the sand.

Antonialisa
Antonialisa

January 29th, 2014, 7:16 pm #28

DH was karotyped after DE2 and it was normal. Sperm frag dna was normal too. My RE doesn't believe in immune stuff so he's not going to give me orders for it. What did you get tested for by your RE? I don't have it in me to pursue a reproductive immunologist nor the funds for IVIG etc. I am negative for factor 5. I have no auto immune issues -- no allergies, no chronic issues, no thyroid issues--nothing at all that I can think of. I truly don't believe this is an immune issue. I think sperm that is DNA-damaged has been selected by the embryologist because you can't see anything visually wrong with the sperm which results in abnormal embryos. But I'm open to testing to rule stuff out but I won't get any help from the RBA doc because I didn't want to wait for the one doc who believes in this stuff there... Another mistake on my part.
In my view, the whole point of the guarantee program is for RBA to work very hard to overcome complex cases and get you that take-home baby. I know that's what I paid the big bucks for when I did it. I felt like no baby was not an option for me (in my life circumstances). I hope those folks do not disappoint you but work very hard for you and your DH.

I'm so sorry again that you have to go through all this agony.

Anonymous
Anonymous

January 29th, 2014, 7:20 pm #29

So very sorry this happened again. Maybe your DH will agree to donor sperm if you say to him let's quit wasting good eggs. Hope you and DH can still achieve a pregnancy in the future.

January 29th, 2014, 7:54 pm #30

Is this a test that is contained in a repeated loss panel? I don't have access to anyone who can run anything "non-traditional".. We will not go see any more doctors at this point... No RI for me. We had to draw a line in the sand.
Still, I think taking the high EPA fish oil is a "can't hurt/might help" for almost anyone though maybe someone else will have input.

For your husband...has he considered taking supplements to boost mitochondrial function of his sperm? PQQ, cordyceps, CoQ10, d ribose etc? Just a thought. Would your husband possibly consider a cycle with part donor sperm and part his? I know someone who ended up choosing this route, transferred 2 (3?) on day that included both her husband's sperm and donor, and got pregnant with a singleton, who turned out to be her husband's genetic child.
Last edited by Blessed_Thistle on January 29th, 2014, 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.