No frosties. I feel so sad (a bit long, sorry)

No frosties. I feel so sad (a bit long, sorry)

May 23rd, 2011, 10:37 pm #1

Hello again my good friends.

My last post on Saturday I was feeling so happy and upbeat after transferring two blasts and I thank all you ladies for your lovely responses. I returned home today from Czech Rep after a wonderful holiday there and passed through Dublin where we encountered many delays due to the high security around President Obama's visit here. It was quite exciting really because we saw the presidential plane as we landed at the airport and later saw the cavalcade of his special cars and security, all flashing blue lights etc, on their return after he visited his ancestral home in a small village called Moneygall where his grandfathers' grandfather came from - who would have guessed it eh? Of course we didn't see the man himself, since he had taken a helicopter back to Dublin to address an audience there but hey, it was fun to see all the security affair.

Anyway, after all this we arrived home tired but still upbeat. And then I checked my email and there was a brief message from the clinic stating that none of the embryo's made the grade for freezing. I was surprised by how this floored me. I am on the verge of tears, truly. I suppose everything was going so well and the doctor did say they looked good on day 5 and were compacted morula's and at the stage of about to transfer to hatching. I allowed myself to get hopeful and I really thought deep down that I would have two frozen yesterday. I feel sad, and annoyed with the clinic. If I had my say, we would have frozen them but the clinic reserve the right to make that decision. And it's too late now to argue the point.

I really wanted a back up plan in case this doesn't work. It's such a huge outlay for a fresh cycle, whereas the frozen cycle is relatively cheap. And now I wonder if the odds of it working will be lower too. After all, if those two didn't qualify for freezing, then maybe the two blasts I transferred have stopped developing by now too? Head confused, heart heavy and I have that sinking feeling that this may just have been money we can't afford to lose down the drain. I was on a high and I've come down in one big bump. Maybe it's just to prepare me for that BFN if it comes. Hopefully I'll feel better in the morning.

Thanks ladies for listening.

macphee
macphee

May 23rd, 2011, 10:44 pm #2

this is a rollercoaster. your uterus is a much more nurturing environment than the lab so that's working for you and the best looking are always used for the fresh transfer so keep the faith.

May 23rd, 2011, 10:54 pm #3

My last post on Saturday I was feeling so happy and upbeat after transferring two blasts and I thank all you ladies for your lovely responses. I returned home today from Czech Rep after a wonderful holiday there and passed through Dublin where we encountered many delays due to the high security around President Obama's visit here. It was quite exciting really because we saw the presidential plane as we landed at the airport and later saw the cavalcade of his special cars and security, all flashing blue lights etc, on their return after he visited his ancestral home in a small village called Moneygall where his grandfathers' grandfather came from - who would have guessed it eh? Of course we didn't see the man himself, since he had taken a helicopter back to Dublin to address an audience there but hey, it was fun to see all the security affair.

Anyway, after all this we arrived home tired but still upbeat. And then I checked my email and there was a brief message from the clinic stating that none of the embryo's made the grade for freezing. I was surprised by how this floored me. I am on the verge of tears, truly. I suppose everything was going so well and the doctor did say they looked good on day 5 and were compacted morula's and at the stage of about to transfer to hatching. I allowed myself to get hopeful and I really thought deep down that I would have two frozen yesterday. I feel sad, and annoyed with the clinic. If I had my say, we would have frozen them but the clinic reserve the right to make that decision. And it's too late now to argue the point.

I really wanted a back up plan in case this doesn't work. It's such a huge outlay for a fresh cycle, whereas the frozen cycle is relatively cheap. And now I wonder if the odds of it working will be lower too. After all, if those two didn't qualify for freezing, then maybe the two blasts I transferred have stopped developing by now too? Head confused, heart heavy and I have that sinking feeling that this may just have been money we can't afford to lose down the drain. I was on a high and I've come down in one big bump. Maybe it's just to prepare me for that BFN if it comes. Hopefully I'll feel better in the morning.

I am so sorry to hear about your disappointment, but please don't lose hope for the 2 that you transferred. My fingers are crossed for you!

Orchid
Orchid

May 23rd, 2011, 10:55 pm #4

I could see that would be a bit of a kick in the stomach...

Such a roller coaster--but I hope you still feel good and will get some good news soon.

May 23rd, 2011, 11:06 pm #5

None of mine made it either. Just the 2 we transferred. I don't think it means a thing that others did not make it to the freeze. The two you have are the best of the best. And I am sure they are much happier with you than in a culture dish! It's perfectly fine to feel blue for the evening. But know when you wake up tomorrow you have two beautiful embies that want you to focus on how great they are! Not to sound cheezy but the power of positive thinking is so tremendous. You are doing great. Don't lose focus!!
Glad to have you back stateside. Do you know when your beta is?

Leigh888
Leigh888

May 23rd, 2011, 11:12 pm #6

didn't have any to freeze and like you, I was so disappointed. I also wondered what it meant for the ones we transferred. Well, I am currently pregnant, so it really is no indication of what is happening to the ones they did transfer. They transferred the best ones into you and hopefully, they are doing well in there.

May 23rd, 2011, 11:37 pm #7

You have the best two growing/baking within you so it may be a little set back as you await some positive news.

Brenda
Brenda

May 23rd, 2011, 11:48 pm #8

Yes, you have the best of the crop in your little oven, baking away. Dont worry now. What can you do now anyway about it all? This whole IVF donor egg thing is out of our hands, we can only do what we can, take our meds and be a good girl, take the shots etc too!! I was told our embies were not that good, only one looked good, rest were just mediocre...so we told them to put them all 3 back, now look at me, I've got triplets cooking in my oven!! You have blasts and that's huge, try to be positive my friend. I'ts only 10 more days till Beta right>? less I think, so enjoy and sit back and imagine yourself Pg, it helps.

May 24th, 2011, 12:57 am #9

But you have every reason to hope that the ones on board are staying on board!

I cycled in the Czech Republic as well - keep in mind they do not stim for extras, and they do NOT want to freeze anything below grade A because they feel its just a waste of their time/resources and your money to freeze lower grades and go through the hassle of trying to thaw/transfer lower grades after a freeze.

So chin up and Good luck!!

Kay

" Some people built castles in the air. She constructed hers from mashed potatoes, which kept down demolition costs." Sarah Sloane, Borrowing Priviledges

K
K

May 24th, 2011, 1:12 am #10

There being frosties or not has nothing to do with your success of 2 great blasts transferred. Try to keep positive for this cycle. I am so sorry they didn't make it. I'm going to hope for 2 little ones getting cozy in there as we speak.... ((( hugs)))
Btw, cool you got to see the Presidential plane!