No fresh transfer because of crappy lining.....

No fresh transfer because of crappy lining.....

Daisy7412
Daisy7412

April 4th, 2011, 4:11 pm #1

Hi ladies,

Lining was stuck at six so no fresh transfer. They did retrieval sunday and on a shared cycle I got nine --eight that fertilized and they are freezing them. I am really bummed that I can't have a fresh transfer and I never a lining issue before. I was suppressed on this cycle and never was before. Has anyone gone through this? They also said they usually thaw 6 but the max they transfer is 2 so I think I am going to ask them to thaw 4 and take the best two. At least I could get possibly two tries....I am so tired of being on this road and i am annoyed with my body. I solved the crappy egg problem and now this....sorry to whiny also a lot of family drama..---my mom opened her big mouth about me having a miscarriage when told her not to, my sister found out I was trying and got preggers without being married, then got married and didn't invite the family and had the kid this weekend. She moved 400 miles away had almost no contact for the past 16 years. I stayed close and took care of a lot of health issues with my parents and other things but now they are acting like this kid is the coming of the messiah. My sister did not invite me to the baby shower when my mom asked her to and there is really no relationship between us. Now all of a sudden my sister wants all this attention and thinks everyone should welcome her with open arms and shower her with attention and gifts. She called this weekend and i did not answer. It is really a bad situation....I chose to be part of it and my mom says I can't be ignorant and overlooks all the garbage my sister has thrown her way. However my sister is ignorant to me and my mom overlooks it. I am really upset about all this...typical prodigal daughter story and I am just staying away. I am sad to lose my parents now but I think that is what will happen.

April 4th, 2011, 5:43 pm #2

As if IF weren't enough. Don't worry about losing your parents; if you need some distance now to keep yourself together, that doesn't have to be forever. You also don't owe anyone explanations. Even if you need to tend to your parents due to their health, you're an adult and it's OK to say, "Mom, I don't want to talk about that now." Give yourself the space you need; focus on your own journey, and surround yourself with the people who really support you. {{Hugs}} Maggie (in VA)

April 4th, 2011, 7:13 pm #3

Hi ladies,

Lining was stuck at six so no fresh transfer. They did retrieval sunday and on a shared cycle I got nine --eight that fertilized and they are freezing them. I am really bummed that I can't have a fresh transfer and I never a lining issue before. I was suppressed on this cycle and never was before. Has anyone gone through this? They also said they usually thaw 6 but the max they transfer is 2 so I think I am going to ask them to thaw 4 and take the best two. At least I could get possibly two tries....I am so tired of being on this road and i am annoyed with my body. I solved the crappy egg problem and now this....sorry to whiny also a lot of family drama..---my mom opened her big mouth about me having a miscarriage when told her not to, my sister found out I was trying and got preggers without being married, then got married and didn't invite the family and had the kid this weekend. She moved 400 miles away had almost no contact for the past 16 years. I stayed close and took care of a lot of health issues with my parents and other things but now they are acting like this kid is the coming of the messiah. My sister did not invite me to the baby shower when my mom asked her to and there is really no relationship between us. Now all of a sudden my sister wants all this attention and thinks everyone should welcome her with open arms and shower her with attention and gifts. She called this weekend and i did not answer. It is really a bad situation....I chose to be part of it and my mom says I can't be ignorant and overlooks all the garbage my sister has thrown her way. However my sister is ignorant to me and my mom overlooks it. I am really upset about all this...typical prodigal daughter story and I am just staying away. I am sad to lose my parents now but I think that is what will happen.
I know how crushing each bump in the road can be...you still have a good shot for later...I will hope for you.

I also hope you can find some way to preserve your relationship with your parents. That would be agonizing to deal with right now. I have seen similar things in my more distant family--the more rejecting a child is the more work the parents will put in but this doesn't mean they love that child more. It only means that they are afraid to lose their child and are desperate to keep the connection. It's hard to deal when you are the more caring and giving child and of course it is unfair.

Please keep us posted next cycle. I'm sorry this one didn't work out.

Bharani
Bharani

April 5th, 2011, 12:06 am #4

Hi ladies,

Daisy, I wish you your FET to be a success. I have one sister that is horrible, evil. I don't have a word to describe her. She was mean to me all my life but just for the sake of being older sister I used to respect her. She started even controlling me, which I followed through. Finally her meaness came out and started blaming me. She even said " why I am looking after this girl as if I gave birth to her...." That time is when I woke up but still respected her. Finally she moved, I never looked for her. She came back into my life during my wedding and she got married two month after me. I gave her good gift but she didn't give me nothing. She has so much money comparing to me. I even lent her the wedding dress. After that I was diagnosed with high fsh. I didn't hide and shared the bad news to her. My older sister who lives in State always said go to your sister. The mean sister use to say or give me bad comment. She has money but I have education.. Finally she requested that I keep my distance from her and her dh. Which I did, I never even went to her frequently. I am sad about it, but I am happy no more complain and negative comments as if she is .... She doesn't contribute to family thing nothing. Sorry. I would have liked if family are connected in every way together.
Good luck.
PS. Now I have to worry how to delete this post after you read.

BlessedThistle
BlessedThistle

April 5th, 2011, 12:48 am #5

Hi ladies,

If two per straw, can you have them thaw one straw at a time till they have two good ones? Maybe you'll strike gold on the first straw and get a couple of beauties.

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 5th, 2011, 2:08 am #6

You can't just keep thawing until you see good ones because ungraded 2pns need a few days to grow out and grade visually first before a transfer. Generally they want to thaw 6 @ 2pn stage with the goal to transfer 2, since on average 40% of fertilized eggs become blastocysts.

BlessedThistle
BlessedThistle

April 5th, 2011, 2:50 am #7

My children are poster children for successful refreezing of 2pns at blast. Hopefully though, they will be willing to do 4 at a time and pray that the projected 40% tips toward 50%.