NJ gal moving on to this board and jumping in with both feet!!!

NJ gal moving on to this board and jumping in with both feet!!!

Anonymous
Anonymous

December 29th, 2010, 1:48 am #1

Hi Ladies! I am quite excited to be joining you on this board! Actually, can't quite believe my eyes.

After a long and vicious battle with high FSH and numerous unsuccessful treated cycles, I am moving on!!! I will post my stats and formal introduction in short time, but for right now...need some guidance on clinics.

I am in northern NJ, and fairly close to NYC. I am considering one of 3 clinics. Cooper in Marlton, NJ, Valley Hospital Fertility in Paramus, NJ and IRMS in Livingston, NJ.

Cooper has given me a quote in $9k (as in nine) range. Valley quoted in $20-30k range and works only with agencies. IRMS quoted approx. $22k and using in-house donor pool (although they will also work with agencies).

Since I do have insurance coverage for diagnostics (e.g. monitoring, mock cycle, etc.) I'd like to stick to covered REs/clinics given that there is BIG money involved here. But I have an HMO that is not widely available in my area, so therefore I am limited in my choices. In addition to the 3 choices noted above I could also use RMA-NJ or IVF-NJ, although I have not met with either of them for a DE consult.

A. I am hoping someone can provide guidance on the above clinics. Based on stats I think the "winner" is IRMS. I also really like the RE I met with. She was very down to earth, understood how difficult my battle has been.
B. Should I consider going the agency route, or is in-house better?
C. Am I being short-sighted in sticking with insurance-covered REs (although coverage is limited)? Should I cast a wider net and instead consider clinics that may be outside of my immediate area and come at a dramatically cheaper price without sacrificing donor quality?

Looking forward to interacting with you all!!

P.S. - I feel scared but hopeful. I just want to make the right choice about this very expensive option!

Anonymous
Anonymous

December 29th, 2010, 2:31 am #2

Hi there... I have no experience with the clinics you have listed but since you are also in NJ - have you checked out IVFNJ? As a NJ gal who has had luck with her first and only DE cycle, I highly recommend them. They were incredible - I cannot say enough about them. Best of luck to you!!

Anonymous
Anonymous

December 29th, 2010, 2:36 am #3

oops. just realized you already indicated that you have not checked them out yet. I hope you do - my first appt was in Sept 2007 and my transfer was the following February (2008.) My donor was from the clinic's donor pool and I couldn't be happier!

December 29th, 2010, 5:24 am #4

Hi Ladies! I am quite excited to be joining you on this board! Actually, can't quite believe my eyes.

After a long and vicious battle with high FSH and numerous unsuccessful treated cycles, I am moving on!!! I will post my stats and formal introduction in short time, but for right now...need some guidance on clinics.

I am in northern NJ, and fairly close to NYC. I am considering one of 3 clinics. Cooper in Marlton, NJ, Valley Hospital Fertility in Paramus, NJ and IRMS in Livingston, NJ.

Cooper has given me a quote in $9k (as in nine) range. Valley quoted in $20-30k range and works only with agencies. IRMS quoted approx. $22k and using in-house donor pool (although they will also work with agencies).

Since I do have insurance coverage for diagnostics (e.g. monitoring, mock cycle, etc.) I'd like to stick to covered REs/clinics given that there is BIG money involved here. But I have an HMO that is not widely available in my area, so therefore I am limited in my choices. In addition to the 3 choices noted above I could also use RMA-NJ or IVF-NJ, although I have not met with either of them for a DE consult.

A. I am hoping someone can provide guidance on the above clinics. Based on stats I think the "winner" is IRMS. I also really like the RE I met with. She was very down to earth, understood how difficult my battle has been.
C. Am I being short-sighted in sticking with insurance-covered REs (although coverage is limited)? Should I cast a wider net and instead consider clinics that may be outside of my immediate area and come at a dramatically cheaper price without sacrificing donor quality?

P.S. - I feel scared but hopeful. I just want to make the right choice about this very expensive option!
an agency donor and a very high priced clinic. It was a small fortune and we were not successful. I immediately transferred to Cooper, even though it involved flying across the country. I now have three children, with Cooper's help. I went with the clinic donor pool. My children are 6, 4 and 20 months. I did shared cycles, which made the cost much more affordable.
Good luck to you!

Orchid
Orchid

December 29th, 2010, 12:45 pm #5

So it is $9,000 at Cooper for everything? Including the payment to the donor?

What does that cover?

Is there a reason you wouldn't do Cooper? That is almost affordable!

I wonder why they are so much less expensive?

I am hoping I will have success with my frozen egg cycle but maybe I could look into this.

snowbank03
snowbank03

December 29th, 2010, 2:03 pm #6

is considered one of the top-rated in the country in terms of DE success rates, so I would definitely meet with them before making a decision. You might also want to consider Shady Grove in MD (for their guarantee plan) and RBA in Atlanta (for their vitrified egg program).

MaddiesMom
MaddiesMom

December 29th, 2010, 3:33 pm #7

Hi there... I have no experience with the clinics you have listed but since you are also in NJ - have you checked out IVFNJ? As a NJ gal who has had luck with her first and only DE cycle, I highly recommend them. They were incredible - I cannot say enough about them. Best of luck to you!!
Hi-I also had luck with my first and only DE cycle at IVF-NJ and the process was sooo easy compared to my own egg IVF's. They got my donor dead on and I cycled 3 months after going there. I have the most beautiful daughter and am very happy. I tell everyone to just be rational and not set your expectations so high that you will be disappointed. You may not have any frozens but the end result is to get a baby and that is what the RE's will tell you there. I never waited long for any tests and they were a well oiled machine! Good luck!

Anonymous
Anonymous

December 29th, 2010, 11:03 pm #8

if you don't mind (and I understand if you do), what were the factors that led you to DE? And how did you end up settling on IVF-NJ? How long was the wait for your donor? What were the end to end costs? Did you end up with any embies/blasts to freeze?

Today I called to try and get an appt. for this week but no luck of course.

Thanks again for your original input! Happy New Year!!

Anonymous
Anonymous

December 29th, 2010, 11:08 pm #9

Hi-I also had luck with my first and only DE cycle at IVF-NJ and the process was sooo easy compared to my own egg IVF's. They got my donor dead on and I cycled 3 months after going there. I have the most beautiful daughter and am very happy. I tell everyone to just be rational and not set your expectations so high that you will be disappointed. You may not have any frozens but the end result is to get a baby and that is what the RE's will tell you there. I never waited long for any tests and they were a well oiled machine! Good luck!
I posted the below response to the other anon responder; would love your input as well if you don't mind.

What were the factors that led you to DE? And how did you end up settling on IVF-NJ? How long was the wait for your donor? What were the end to end costs? Did you end up with any embies/blasts to freeze?

Here's a very personal question and I'm asking it because I am grappling with it. During the pregnancy and since the birth, have you had moments where you were consumed with thoughts of "OMG, she's beautiful/perfect/an angel (whatever superlative) but she's not of my OE" or along those lines? I'm so fearful that my mind will get cluttered with these unnecessary thoughts.

Thanks again for your original input! Happy New Year!!

Anonymous
Anonymous

December 30th, 2010, 12:33 am #10

an agency donor and a very high priced clinic. It was a small fortune and we were not successful. I immediately transferred to Cooper, even though it involved flying across the country. I now have three children, with Cooper's help. I went with the clinic donor pool. My children are 6, 4 and 20 months. I did shared cycles, which made the cost much more affordable.
Good luck to you!
Are all 3 children DE? Are they from the same donor? What was your opinion of their donor pool? What was your end to end cost per child?

I'm a little hesitant about Cooper for DE based on their SART stats.

Anything you're willing to share is appreciated!

Have a great New Year!