Anonymous
Anonymous

December 30th, 2010, 12:36 am #11

So it is $9,000 at Cooper for everything? Including the payment to the donor?

What does that cover?

Is there a reason you wouldn't do Cooper? That is almost affordable!

I wonder why they are so much less expensive?

I am hoping I will have success with my frozen egg cycle but maybe I could look into this.
I am not exactly sure what the $9k covers; that was Dr. Check had mentioned to me during my last phone follow up. I am assuming it is using a clinic donor. I haven't had an in-depth consult yet with Cooper re: DE. I love Cooper for OE IVF; my only concern about DE with them is that the SART stats could be better (IMO).

Here's more info on the program.

http://www.ccivf.com/oocyte_program.html

Anonymous
Anonymous

December 30th, 2010, 12:38 am #12

is considered one of the top-rated in the country in terms of DE success rates, so I would definitely meet with them before making a decision. You might also want to consider Shady Grove in MD (for their guarantee plan) and RBA in Atlanta (for their vitrified egg program).
for the info. I will definitely have a consult with IVF-NJ before making a decision.

Do you know why they are one of the top-rated for DE?

Thanks for the response! Have a great New Year!

Anonymous
Anonymous

December 30th, 2010, 1:10 am #13

I am not exactly sure what the $9k covers; that was Dr. Check had mentioned to me during my last phone follow up. I am assuming it is using a clinic donor. I haven't had an in-depth consult yet with Cooper re: DE. I love Cooper for OE IVF; my only concern about DE with them is that the SART stats could be better (IMO).

Here's more info on the program.

http://www.ccivf.com/oocyte_program.html
I hate the front office of Cooper, but I can't say enough about the DE program. I paid 6k a few years ago, but I also had insurance which did cover my transfer, meds and testing. I did a shared cycle that yielded 11 eggs with a proven donor....9 fert; 6 frozen at 2pn (they are great at frozen embies) and 2 transferred. Unfortunately, it was a chemical. This past year, I took the 6 remaining frozen to my first RE (South Jersey Fert in Marlton) since I was so tired of the chaos...even have the picture of their transfer! DS is 7 weeks and if you wouldn't know it, he looks like me....thus, they matched me pretty well!

HTH and remember that Cooper helps many of us "lost causes" which does bring down their stats (unlike those that tend to be very selective in who they help). Best of luck!

Orchid
Orchid

December 30th, 2010, 2:15 am #14

Thanks for that info!

That sounds really positive. How much did it cost?

It's kind of unnerving but I have realized I am probably NEVER going to give up on this. And I'm a pessimist so it's like I have to look down the line given that this next thing probably won't work.

Sigh.

Anonymous
Anonymous

January 2nd, 2011, 4:13 pm #15

I gave up after the chemical...almost gave the frosties up...glad I didn't. It truly is a gamble though.

My cost was 6K after insurance paid for some stuff back in 2008..HTH and best of luck in whatever you choose!!

MaddiesMom
MaddiesMom

January 2nd, 2011, 4:23 pm #16

I posted the below response to the other anon responder; would love your input as well if you don't mind.

What were the factors that led you to DE? And how did you end up settling on IVF-NJ? How long was the wait for your donor? What were the end to end costs? Did you end up with any embies/blasts to freeze?

Here's a very personal question and I'm asking it because I am grappling with it. During the pregnancy and since the birth, have you had moments where you were consumed with thoughts of "OMG, she's beautiful/perfect/an angel (whatever superlative) but she's not of my OE" or along those lines? I'm so fearful that my mind will get cluttered with these unnecessary thoughts.

Thanks again for your original input! Happy New Year!!
I went to DE after 2 miscarriages and 2 failed IVF's with my own eggs. I had a child with my own eggs in 2007 but could not have another. I also lost one tube after the birth of my first daughter. I decided to use IVFNJ because of their stats and it is 80%. I did not have any to freeze but transferred to 5 day blasts and was originally pregnant with twins on my first try but lost one at 9 weeks. I really have never thought my DE daughter was not mine. I felt so bonded to her and she is so attached to me now. It really is amazing how we never think about it! She is just so beautiful and special that is never crosses my mind-best thing I ever did because I may not have a second child now. Overall, I had insurance to cover the procedure so it cost me about $13,000 out of pocket for the donor and her medication. I literally had a donor 1 week after first going to IVFNJ and she was the most perfect match. I went to see them in March and was pregnant in June!

Anonymous
Anonymous

January 3rd, 2011, 7:20 pm #17

Sounds like you had a really happy ending and that's WONDERFUL!

And it also sounds like the costs were reasonable given some insurance coverage. (Isn't it funny how this journey changes our perceptions in so many ways that we think of $13k as reasonable! LOL!!!)

I do have a question...is the 80% rate you quote a 2009 stat? SART's site has through 2008 and it shows that in 2008 the "Percentage of transfers resulting in live births" was 73% and there were 122 transfer. Still a fantastic rate but curious about the 80%.

MaddiesMom
MaddiesMom

January 4th, 2011, 2:25 am #18

That 80% was from 2009 when I had my transfer. I think as long as you have no other issues with your uterus or lining, your chances are very high for success. You can email me at denise.simone@xerox.com if you want anymore info. I had such a great experience with this process and I know not everyone does so it is great to share my story.