New GIVF frozen egg guaranty program

New GIVF frozen egg guaranty program

April 4th, 2012, 8:36 pm #1

It's $33k for up to 6 fresh tries plus I guess whatever frozens you get. You can be 47 but no older and must complete cycling by 49. One thing that annoyed me - they said you are guaranteed a baby to take home 24 or more weeks after cycling. Um, that would be a 26 weeker (since you count back to LMP) and you don't get to take a 26 weeker home with you for several months typically. I wish they'd found a different way to word it. Still didn't see any stats listed but maybe they are in there somewhere.

I dunno. It seems a little high to me. And it doesn't even tell you how many eggs you get!

April 4th, 2012, 9:03 pm #2

Why I don't sign off their list, I don't know. I'm not thinking about more babies and I'm too old for that program anyway. Stats were my first thought, too. Last I heard, their vitrified egg stats weren't so glowing. So, the idea is that you shell out $33K, but if you get pg on the second try, for example, they keep all the cash? Maggie (in VA)

April 4th, 2012, 9:07 pm #3

that $33k pretty much consumes your whole budget. Even if their success rate is only 30% per cycle, over 6 fresh cycles (assuming no frozens) that is an 89% success rate then you add frozens in and it goes up even higher so maybe worth the risk for them but I'd rather go with a much higher chance of success per individual cycle. Who wants the heartbreak of so many potential cycles?

April 5th, 2012, 4:32 am #4

I think they have a 6 cycle, take home baby guarantee. I'm not sure of the details as I am very far removed from this. I think the pricing is similar to GIVF, maybe a little bit more, but their stats for frozen eggs I think are much higher.

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

April 5th, 2012, 12:21 pm #5

The RBA guarantee is 5 fresh cycles including all FET's for $30,000 and they guarantee the transfer of two high quality embryos each cycle or a free cycle. Their stated donor frozen egg success rate is 67%. They appear to be the innovators in this so for the price...I would go with RBA for sure.

April 5th, 2012, 4:12 pm #6

I interviewed RBA about the program a year ago. According to the paper work, if you are in the multicycle program they do NOT guarantee enough eggs for 2 embryos to be transferred per cycle(That's only if you do the a la cart program). Their thinking is that since you are on board for multi-cycles, they won't go overboard with the thaw of the number of eggs.

Somewhere I have the docs and I will try to post the details when I get home from work. If they send you a detailed program contract, read ALL the way through. That little gem is on page 2 or 3, I believe.

April 6th, 2012, 11:15 am #7

It was what originally attracted me to the practice. The idea of doing 5 rounds sounds horrible, but after being burnt so much on OE IVF, I liked the idea of a backup plan x 5! I was sure I would do it. But then after consulting with the doctor, we basically decided we did not need it. They have good eggs. The numbers are there. Nothing is 100% guaranteed of course, but I got a BFP on the first try after 5 failed OE cycles.

April 6th, 2012, 1:45 pm #8

I interviewed RBA about the program a year ago. According to the paper work, if you are in the multicycle program they do NOT guarantee enough eggs for 2 embryos to be transferred per cycle(That's only if you do the a la cart program). Their thinking is that since you are on board for multi-cycles, they won't go overboard with the thaw of the number of eggs.

Somewhere I have the docs and I will try to post the details when I get home from work. If they send you a detailed program contract, read ALL the way through. That little gem is on page 2 or 3, I believe.
I found my two page sheet on the RBA guarantee program. And I was correct - it states on page two that the "standard egg bank cycle two quality embryo policy does not apply (since this program guarantees a take home baby)". The words does not apply are underlined.

Basically 5 cycles for $36,500 with no embryo count guaranteed or $16,500 per cycle with the two quality embryo part guaranteed per cycle.

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

April 6th, 2012, 6:02 pm #9

I guess it doesn't matter much since they guarantee a take home baby. It would be in their financial best interests to implant high quality embryos. I think it's a good deal. I will however be doing a single cycle. FYI- The cost has been reduced to $30,000 for 5 cycles.

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

April 6th, 2012, 6:04 pm #10

It was what originally attracted me to the practice. The idea of doing 5 rounds sounds horrible, but after being burnt so much on OE IVF, I liked the idea of a backup plan x 5! I was sure I would do it. But then after consulting with the doctor, we basically decided we did not need it. They have good eggs. The numbers are there. Nothing is 100% guaranteed of course, but I got a BFP on the first try after 5 failed OE cycles.
Hi,

This is just what I was thinking. If I had the money, I would certainly do the 5-cyclew guarantee program. However..I don't. As such, I will be doing a single cycle and hoping for at least one frostie. It does seem like a lot of teh RBA girls get pregnant on the first try. Anyway...can I ask whom your Dr was at RBA? I am schedule for a consult with Dr. Toledo.