Need sleep and good thoughts

Need sleep and good thoughts

July 8th, 2012, 12:58 pm #1

I could really use whatever prayers and healing thoughts you can spare.
I am getting beyond exhausted right now. Started July 4th when I was up at 430 am,watching a friends kids. Thursday am DS has tubes in his ears. Later that night DH was in the er and DH has been in the hospital since Thursday night, with a foot infection.

The kids gave finally calmed down on that. DH was getting upset at them because they were so upset, i had to remind him that the last person they saw in hospital died, so he needed to chill out on it. Meanwhile I have gotten 3-4 hours of sleep a night max.

Molly

July 8th, 2012, 2:42 pm #2

I remember when I was a kid and kids under 12 weren't allowed to visit in the hospital. It seemed harsh at the time, but maybe there was a point to it (beyond the obvious risk of infection). Anyway, sorry you've had such a hard time. Lack of sleep can really make you feel psycho (I was like that the first few weeks we were home with DS). Hope you get some rest today!

July 8th, 2012, 3:07 pm #3

I am getting beyond exhausted right now. Started July 4th when I was up at 430 am,watching a friends kids. Thursday am DS has tubes in his ears. Later that night DH was in the er and DH has been in the hospital since Thursday night, with a foot infection.

The kids gave finally calmed down on that. DH was getting upset at them because they were so upset, i had to remind him that the last person they saw in hospital died, so he needed to chill out on it. Meanwhile I have gotten 3-4 hours of sleep a night max.

Molly
I'll start by saying you have a LOT more reason to be sleep deprived -- for me I've just been stressed about DS's stomach virus w/ high fever and complete refusal to eat ANYTHING and have had 3 or less hours of sleep every night since Thursday due to dosing and, general stressing.

I'm a poor sleeper to start with....nothing makes bad situations worse than having to deal with them exhausted. Anyone you can call in to take over for a night so you can get one good night in?

Hope DH is better soon -- is his foot infection responding to treatment? They should know by now.

Good luck to you.

sas

July 8th, 2012, 3:51 pm #4

Molly
Life really seems to dump a lot on us all at once sometimes. Wishing you some nights of calm, restful sleep and a quick recovery for DH. Is he diabetic?

July 8th, 2012, 10:09 pm #5

Molly
I'm so sorry you are going through all of this. I hope your eh recovers quickly and that you can all get some rest. Your poor twins. It sounds as if this ordeal has been very stressful for them. I hope it is all a distant memory soon.