Natural methods to provoke ovulation? trying for natural cycle FET

Natural methods to provoke ovulation? trying for natural cycle FET

bethphx
bethphx

March 23rd, 2011, 2:15 am #1

OK, so appartently I am not ovulating- not even close- my ovaries are "quiet" today with several small follies on each side. He said looks like minimal estrogen- lining almost 5mm- we didn't even bother checking blood evels. So this is CD 15 ( I had 10 days of bleeding/spotting). I am at least releived that is why my lining is so thin because I am not close to ovulating. I have been doing mock cycles and the attempted fresh for 3 months so I assume I did not ovulate thru all of those so my body is just taking time to get back to normal? USed to have 28 day cycles before...I am just so curious to see what my lining is when I have normal estrogen produced by a follicle. SO we are checking again in a week and then I need to decide if I want to start Provera if nothing is going on naturally to initiate a period and start a cycle with estrace (he said we could skip Lupron) He feels confident we can get the lining up a bit and said we would check frequently and even if the lining looked good on Day 10 we would jump on it and start Progesterone an thaw the embryo. During one mock my lining was 9 on Day 10 and 6.5 on Day 13. SSo he said maybe it preaks earlier...I am fine with trying another Estrace cycle just wanted to see this natural cycle thru first..

Anyways, I bought Vitex reading that it may help regulate cycles and increase LH...anyone with experience?

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 23rd, 2011, 6:26 am #2

Unfortunately I never ovulated and lining never budged, I got tired of all the waiting and monitoring, so I gave up and did the estrace FET (that one did not work, but a repeat FET later done with the same estrace protocol did work). No lupron.

I don't know of a way to start some ovary action and salvage the natural cycle besides waiting it out or adding low stims, but that may be a really bad idea if your FSH is already really high this month.

Also wanted to add, my cycles returned to normal between the failed FET and the successful one 6 months later, then returned to normal after the baby, so the wacky natural FET was a one time thing.

March 23rd, 2011, 10:38 am #3

OK, so appartently I am not ovulating- not even close- my ovaries are "quiet" today with several small follies on each side. He said looks like minimal estrogen- lining almost 5mm- we didn't even bother checking blood evels. So this is CD 15 ( I had 10 days of bleeding/spotting). I am at least releived that is why my lining is so thin because I am not close to ovulating. I have been doing mock cycles and the attempted fresh for 3 months so I assume I did not ovulate thru all of those so my body is just taking time to get back to normal? USed to have 28 day cycles before...I am just so curious to see what my lining is when I have normal estrogen produced by a follicle. SO we are checking again in a week and then I need to decide if I want to start Provera if nothing is going on naturally to initiate a period and start a cycle with estrace (he said we could skip Lupron) He feels confident we can get the lining up a bit and said we would check frequently and even if the lining looked good on Day 10 we would jump on it and start Progesterone an thaw the embryo. During one mock my lining was 9 on Day 10 and 6.5 on Day 13. SSo he said maybe it preaks earlier...I am fine with trying another Estrace cycle just wanted to see this natural cycle thru first..

Anyways, I bought Vitex reading that it may help regulate cycles and increase LH...anyone with experience?
Is to take tiny doses of FSH to grow the follicles and the lining then trigger when the biggest one is about 17 mm then you know exactly when you ovulated and it builds a nice lining with your own hormones afterwards. Just an idea if you don't want to down regulate.

March 23rd, 2011, 12:40 pm #4

I ovulated through the estrogen and I think it ruined that cycle, although we tried to transfer anyway....but I think we missed the window.

I have never heard of this. I just wondered what the advantages were. It would make sense for me--at least the me before I went on lupron.

bethphx
bethphx

March 23rd, 2011, 2:25 pm #5

And have always had normal, regular cycles (prior to starting all these hormones 3 months ago) so we figured let's see if my body produces a better lining with my own follies growing...plus I felt like crap with all those hormones and wanted to take a month off from them so it worked out. Have heard of many women doing better and having success with natural FETs if they have regular cycles...I know it will probably just take time to get back to normal but now I am getting anxious again! Thanks guys!

bethphx
bethphx

March 23rd, 2011, 2:38 pm #6

Is to take tiny doses of FSH to grow the follicles and the lining then trigger when the biggest one is about 17 mm then you know exactly when you ovulated and it builds a nice lining with your own hormones afterwards. Just an idea if you don't want to down regulate.
I have heard of a "low-stim cycle" followed by hcg trigger to help with lining and wanted to bring up to the RE as well for my lining issues...thanks!

March 23rd, 2011, 8:28 pm #7

And have always had normal, regular cycles (prior to starting all these hormones 3 months ago) so we figured let's see if my body produces a better lining with my own follies growing...plus I felt like crap with all those hormones and wanted to take a month off from them so it worked out. Have heard of many women doing better and having success with natural FETs if they have regular cycles...I know it will probably just take time to get back to normal but now I am getting anxious again! Thanks guys!
I HATE the medicines. I wonder if any doctor I can find would let me.

What about timing? Isn't that an issue? I feel like when I transfered the embies after I o'd the timing was probably off.

How do you know to get into the exact window?

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 23rd, 2011, 8:57 pm #8

And even then timing is an issue since they have to accommodate your ovulation and do the transfer at a time that may not be convenient for them. But it never hurts to ask, I love the concept of no drugs at all too.

bethphx
bethphx

March 23rd, 2011, 9:03 pm #9

and have u/s to see if you have o'd or do hcg trigger shot to make sure you a, then start progesterone - 5 days for 5 day embryo- and timing matches up. So yes, they have to work around your schedule! Mine was open to it because I have had all these lining issues...

bethphx
bethphx

March 23rd, 2011, 9:06 pm #10

And even then timing is an issue since they have to accommodate your ovulation and do the transfer at a time that may not be convenient for them. But it never hurts to ask, I love the concept of no drugs at all too.
and have u/s to see if you have o'd or do hcg trigger shot to make sure you a, then start progesterone - 5 days for 5 day embryo- and timing matches up. So yes, they have to work around your schedule! Mine was open to it because I have had all these lining issues...