Natural Cycle FET questions

Natural Cycle FET questions

futurebeauty
futurebeauty

July 27th, 2012, 8:28 pm #1

Hello All,

I remember having "relations" w/ my husband the night prior to our embryo transfer as I heard that the sperm chemicals help w/ implantation by making the uterus more receptive.

This time around I am not on lupron so should we skip the sex part the night before as I may be about to ovulate or just ovulated and I dont want to mess up in case this time my OE works. Ya never know, right.

Also, I have read on here or elsewhere (my info is scrambled in my brain where I learned things these day) that taking antibiotics can also help. If this is the case, please tell me when I should be on the antibiotic and what kind and how to justify this to my RE.

Kindly TIA to all who respond. Our transfer date is set for next Thursday, Aug 2nd.

FB

thesameboat
thesameboat

July 27th, 2012, 11:03 pm #2

It doesn't really have anything to do with whether you're doing a natural cycle FET or not. The antibiotics are for if you have some sort of infection that might make your uterus an unfriendly place for the embryos.

I had 6 transfers, 4 of them DE, before anyone thought to test my BLOOD for chlamydia instead of just doing the vaginal swabs. Sure enough, the vaginal swabs had always been negative, but I have fluctuating levels of antibodies in my blood indicating that I do have the infection somewhere higher up in my uterus. I have to take a broadbase antibiotic for transfers, starting 3 days before transfer and ending 3 days after.

If you don't have any sort of infection, the antibiotics won't do anything for you, though.

Best of luck with your cycle.

futurebeauty
futurebeauty

July 29th, 2012, 7:19 pm #3

I am trying to cover everything just in case I have something that needs to be addressed before my transfer.

I don't have any STD that I know of as I have always tested negative.

Thank you for responding,

FB