my update (m/c, d&c, somewhat graphic)

my update (m/c, d&c, somewhat graphic)

November 22nd, 2010, 2:32 pm #1

Please don't feel that you must read this if you're stressed. I'm actually pretty reluctant to post my own updates anymore since the news is never good, but friends have been asking.

Currently 7w.
No sac seen on any u/s.
HCG only in 800s at 6w5d. Much too low. Doubling time has been around 10-13 days.
RE's theories: abnormal intrauterine pg or ectopic or molar pg. If ectopic or molar, will need methotrexate. If so, I would be benched from ttc for several months, up to a year.
Passed large tissue mass Saturday pm after horrible cramps all day. Still bleeding and cramping today.
D&c scheduled for tomorrow.
Will also send tissue samples to Dr. Harvey Kliman at Yale for endometrial function testing.

Very sad.

Kevin
Kevin

November 22nd, 2010, 2:41 pm #2

Oh K,

I absolutely hate this, most importantly that this isn't a healthy pregnancy. The ongoing uncertainty seems cruel and I cannot imagine its toll on you and DH.

At this point in time, I am sending every positive thought possible that you heal emotionally and physically.

I know it is too early for you to be thinking about your frozen embies, but in my mind I look forward to when of them results in your being a mom again.

I am so sorry.

Kevin

November 22nd, 2010, 2:44 pm #3

Please don't feel that you must read this if you're stressed. I'm actually pretty reluctant to post my own updates anymore since the news is never good, but friends have been asking.

Currently 7w.
No sac seen on any u/s.
HCG only in 800s at 6w5d. Much too low. Doubling time has been around 10-13 days.
RE's theories: abnormal intrauterine pg or ectopic or molar pg. If ectopic or molar, will need methotrexate. If so, I would be benched from ttc for several months, up to a year.
Passed large tissue mass Saturday pm after horrible cramps all day. Still bleeding and cramping today.
Will also send tissue samples to Dr. Harvey Kliman at Yale for endometrial function testing.

Very sad.
I'm so sorry Kekona. I so hope that things resolve quickly and that you're not benched for as long as you mention above. This whole thing just sucks.

(((Hugs)))

Meg

November 22nd, 2010, 2:59 pm #4

Oh K,

I absolutely hate this, most importantly that this isn't a healthy pregnancy. The ongoing uncertainty seems cruel and I cannot imagine its toll on you and DH.

At this point in time, I am sending every positive thought possible that you heal emotionally and physically.

I know it is too early for you to be thinking about your frozen embies, but in my mind I look forward to when of them results in your being a mom again.

I am so sorry.

Kevin
Is it because you want a uterine biopsy to send to Dr. Harvery? I understand the biopsy, but not the D and C. I have had 4 situations like this and never did a D and C. One went to 11.5 weeks with twins. After getting several opinions, I came to the conclusion that it was better to do it naturally, than risk uterine scarring from the D & C. I am sorry if you already explained this. My heart goes out

Last edited by Kacee56 on November 22nd, 2010, 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 22nd, 2010, 3:01 pm #5

Currently 7w.
No sac seen on any u/s.

Very sad.
Wishing you strength through this sad time and hope for better luck on a new cycle. Take care, Maggie (in VA)

Kekona
Kekona

November 22nd, 2010, 3:01 pm #6

Is it because you want a uterine biopsy to send to Dr. Harvery? I understand the biopsy, but not the D and C. I have had 4 situations like this and never did a D and C. One went to 11.5 weeks with twins. After getting several opinions, I came to the conclusion that it was better to do it naturally, than risk uterine scarring from the D & C. I am sorry if you already explained this. My heart goes out
I'll be sure to ask about this, but I think there is concern about retained tissue. Also, I am prone to endometrial hyperplasia, and 30% of these cases progress to cancer.

November 22nd, 2010, 4:10 pm #7

Currently 7w.
No sac seen on any u/s.

Very sad.
This ttc business takes so much courage it's not even funny. You are so strong, and you will make it through this sad and challenging time. I just really wish this would have worked for you. You are in my thoughts every day.

November 22nd, 2010, 4:34 pm #8

Currently 7w.
No sac seen on any u/s.

Very sad.
I'm really sorry you're having to endure all of this. IF is so difficult to deal with anyway and I'm sure the "not knowing what's going on" has just been eating you away. I'll be praying things go well for your procedure and that you are not put on hold for several months. Hang in there. We somehow manage to get through these tough times and rally again. I know you will too. Will be thinking of you tomorrow and in the days ahead.

November 22nd, 2010, 5:36 pm #9

Currently 7w.
No sac seen on any u/s.

Very sad.
This is such a difficult experience to have to endure. I really wish it wasn't happening to you or that there was anything I could do or say to make it easier.

I wish you the best outcome from these circumstances and that the D&C is smooth and you won't have to wait too long for your next attempt. I recently had a tissue sample sent to Yale for endometrial function testing (just a few days ago) although under much different and less difficult circumstances than yours.

Please accept a big cyber hug from me.

deannaT
deannaT

November 22nd, 2010, 5:41 pm #10

Currently 7w.
No sac seen on any u/s.

Very sad.
Do not feel bad about being graphic...I know what you mean though I consider the entire IF journey graphic!!!
There are not many more horrible things in life than a m/c...every time I read of one of us on here going through one I am catapulted back to one of my worst m/c's (of course it fell on a "parental" holiday) back a few years to the worst experience so far in my life. I had to have the d&c and am glad I was put out for that...would have liked to have been put out for the previous 24 hours when I experienced what they eventually told me were labor like contractions and all
What a living nightmare. I want you to know that come on here and say whatever you want. I for one(and I know more) will listen to and understand whatever you want to say!!!!
You came and helped me a few posts back even now when you are hurting, so I wanted to let you know I am here for you now
Bless you my friend...we are all in this (good and unforn BAD) together xoxoxo