My gift of hope to the board (m/c and success implied)

My gift of hope to the board (m/c and success implied)

GIMB
GIMB

August 24th, 2012, 12:45 pm #1

Four years ago today, I collapsed on the ground in CVS crying. I couldn't believe I had worked so hard for so long and had failed so many times. I spoke to a dear friend from the board who is now a friend IRL who told me on the phone that it would be the last year I felt that way and that I would hold my next baby in my arms. And by the next year she was right. And I've held him there ever since.

I know there's been a lot of posts lately about what's "meant to be" or when to give up. But I can tell you with certainty that today, on the fourth anniversary of the pit of my despair that it worked for me and can work for anyone.

I passed along the "gift" of that saying -- you will hold your next baby in you arms -- first to SAS, then to Wilson and then to Margolis and LTB. All have been "claimed" and all now have full arms.

And to Rae, who emotionally picked me up that day, I offer my eternal friendship and thanks.

So I openly pass it to the board today. It's my gift to everyone who is still trying. Who's thinking about giving up. And who just needs one more person, even a stranger, to tell them that yes, it can and will happen.

thesameboat
thesameboat

August 24th, 2012, 1:54 pm #2

Just like you, GIMB.

Hoping for all of the mothers whose arms are still empty that they will hold their children soon.

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 24th, 2012, 2:38 pm #3

Four years ago today, I collapsed on the ground in CVS crying. I couldn't believe I had worked so hard for so long and had failed so many times. I spoke to a dear friend from the board who is now a friend IRL who told me on the phone that it would be the last year I felt that way and that I would hold my next baby in my arms. And by the next year she was right. And I've held him there ever since.

I know there's been a lot of posts lately about what's "meant to be" or when to give up. But I can tell you with certainty that today, on the fourth anniversary of the pit of my despair that it worked for me and can work for anyone.

I passed along the "gift" of that saying -- you will hold your next baby in you arms -- first to SAS, then to Wilson and then to Margolis and LTB. All have been "claimed" and all now have full arms.

And to Rae, who emotionally picked me up that day, I offer my eternal friendship and thanks.

So I openly pass it to the board today. It's my gift to everyone who is still trying. Who's thinking about giving up. And who just needs one more person, even a stranger, to tell them that yes, it can and will happen.
After years and years of ttc ...OE, DE , BFN's, late m/c, early m/c, I was just about to give up on my dream BUT I know in my heart that there is HOPE and after reading your post...it really touched me! and it is time for me to stop crying & being sad and pick myself up again move forward to achieving my dream of a baby in my arms...

THANK YOU AGAIN!!!

HappyBean
HappyBean

August 24th, 2012, 3:00 pm #4

It's just such a long, hard, and emotionally/financially exhausting road. This post is so uplifting--it is giving me strength to persevere, too. Keep passing it on--it's a blessing. Once I get babe-in-arms, I will do the same. It's the least we can do for each other, in a world where people often just don't seem to get it.

August 24th, 2012, 3:07 pm #5

Thank you so much for this.I really needed it after a long night of very little sleep and a lot of talk about deciding what to do next with DH. I hope I can join your list by this time next year.

LizLA
LizLA

August 24th, 2012, 3:56 pm #6

Great post! Your brought chills and tears:P

Hope2009
Hope2009

August 24th, 2012, 6:42 pm #7

and your post inspires those to believe in their vision. I'm so glad that you are living your long held desire and able to pass on the hope torch for others to follow. It's amazing how Rae's words continue to ring out into the world and touch others!

Blessings from Hope

August 24th, 2012, 7:23 pm #8

I have given up as I have watched so many people pass me up as my journey for ttc this baby began in jan 2009 before obama was sworn in as president and now we are about to have another election. I can not see at this time that it will happen for me but I do thank you for your hopeful post. I have resigned to foster adoption but still have not completely let my dream go. Peace, FB

August 24th, 2012, 8:02 pm #9

While my problems were as much about my marriage situation as my fertility issues, I have been in that dark, dark place, and sometimes I have to pinch myself to see whether it's really me racing home to the day care center. I'm sure your message will mean a lot to the women still trying here. Take care, Maggie (in VA)

Violet
Violet

August 24th, 2012, 8:07 pm #10

I was also up very late last night with my DH trying to figure out next steps. I was also telling him that I am on my last leg and that I need more help from him.

I can feel a little fire still burning so we continue.

Posts like this are incredibly helpful as all of us know how it feels to be emotionally, physically, intellectually and financially spent.

I am so grateful for this board. All of you ladies are heroes to me!
Violet