My DD (5 y.o.) wrote/dictated this story

My DD (5 y.o.) wrote/dictated this story

May 2nd, 2012, 9:16 pm #1

She loves to "write" books and has quite a selection. This is my recent favorite. I have been making up stories for her at bedtime since she was very small (maybe 18 months) so she has really internalized the structure of a story! She is sitting here with me right now and said I can share it with my computer friends!

"The Spider"

Once upon a time there was a spider. Her name was Diamond. She lived alone in the forest. She was sad because she didn't have a family. She was walking through the forest looking for a friend. She found a snake that was nice. The snake showed her around the forest. The snake had a family, and she was a girl, so she let the spider live with them. They wanted to live with each other because they were both girls. The snake and the spider played together every day and never had fights.

The End

May 2nd, 2012, 10:51 pm #2

She's only 5?! Thank you for sharing!!!

May 3rd, 2012, 3:18 am #3

She's only 5, but she loves to "write" stories. Some of them are 10 pages or more. I like this story because it's about someone who needs a family and someone who takes her in.

May 3rd, 2012, 5:19 am #4

She loves to "write" books and has quite a selection. This is my recent favorite. I have been making up stories for her at bedtime since she was very small (maybe 18 months) so she has really internalized the structure of a story! She is sitting here with me right now and said I can share it with my computer friends!

"The Spider"

Once upon a time there was a spider. Her name was Diamond. She lived alone in the forest. She was sad because she didn't have a family. She was walking through the forest looking for a friend. She found a snake that was nice. The snake showed her around the forest. The snake had a family, and she was a girl, so she let the spider live with them. They wanted to live with each other because they were both girls. The snake and the spider played together every day and never had fights.

The End
... wonderful and pricess. Thankyou for sharing your story with us
It made me smile. I like the snake. She is lovely, best, THK

May 3rd, 2012, 5:58 am #5

"The Spider"

The End
And she thought it was a very good story.

May 3rd, 2012, 1:51 pm #6

"The Spider"

The End
Putting my Psych hat on for a minute though - Is she reflecting back to you her feelings at daycare perhaps"? Could just be a lovely innocent story about friendship but may be worth exploring.

Don't you just love imagination. Fancy choosing a snake as a friend!

May 3rd, 2012, 10:48 pm #7

I'll have to think about that! The stories I tell her often have to do with someone (person or animal) helping someone who needs him/her, so I think she may have that altruistic idea in her head when it comes to story telling.