sugar
sugar

January 23rd, 2014, 8:23 pm #21

Waiting until Wednesday will be rough but the mere fact that the beta is going in the right direction is good. I know how sufficult it is to trust that. As far as PIO FWIW Cooper had me on 2cc's daily & I did not have P4 issues in the past. I tapered towards the end of the first tri to 1.5 cc and week 14 was my last injection. Additionally I took estrace that long too.

Violet
Violet

January 23rd, 2014, 8:27 pm #22

I was not expecting not to repeat for so long. This will be a hard hard wait...
Hi!
Nice number for today. I know you are scared but you are in the game
now so just take care of yourself.
I personally would want to increase the p4. I think you are fine but it's just one less thing to worry about.
What did they say? Who did you talk to?
I think when I got nervous about the p4, I got in touch with Dr T
Thinking of you

January 23rd, 2014, 8:33 pm #23

I was not expecting not to repeat for so long. This will be a hard hard wait...
Saw your # above-- that's some pretty good news! I know it's hard to relax- I wouldn't be able to either.

I can't believe your clinic is making you wait that long! I think you are in the NE based on your recent reference to the weather. There are ways to get your own BW done (depending on what state you are in). I have never done this, but I did consider it a few times. Here is one I found:

http://www.healthtestingcenters.com/blo ... works.aspx

You just go to a Labcorp or Quest to do the draw. Of course, you pay cash. Again, I have no personal experience with this, but if waiting nearly a week will drive you nuts, it might be worth a try.

Hang in there!
Sophie

Antonialisa
Antonialisa

January 23rd, 2014, 8:53 pm #24

It's 116. Up from 46. The draw was done 72 hrs apart. Doubling time is 54 hours. I know it's well within normal limits and much better than last time. But I'm still incredibly scared and guarded. Also, Im on crinone 2X /day and p4 is only 5. RBA says that's fine but it scares the crap out of me and I want to increase it on my own. Thoughts? Should I just ask to switch to PIO?
I was happy to see this result, Mrs. McIrish. I'm keeping everything crossed for you for beta number 3. RBA insisted I do PIO last time and it ended up being not so bad and yes, very easy to monitor via bloodwork.

Mrs. McIrish
Mrs. McIrish

January 23rd, 2014, 8:57 pm #25

Saw your # above-- that's some pretty good news! I know it's hard to relax- I wouldn't be able to either.

I can't believe your clinic is making you wait that long! I think you are in the NE based on your recent reference to the weather. There are ways to get your own BW done (depending on what state you are in). I have never done this, but I did consider it a few times. Here is one I found:

You just go to a Labcorp or Quest to do the draw. Of course, you pay cash. Again, I have no personal experience with this, but if waiting nearly a week will drive you nuts, it might be worth a try.

Hang in there!
Sophie
I could get it drawn Monday. I can just change the date on the orders I have. It's a word doc. I send it to my local place myself. But I think I'm going to wait. Last time it was so stressful going every 2 days, seeing it rise but not enough. It will be more definitive on Wednesday. I didn't stop drugs until the 6 week mark last time and I hate taking drugs when I know it's pointless. So being in the dark might be better for my soul... Remind of this when I get antsy next week, lol...

Anon for this
Anon for this

January 23rd, 2014, 9:00 pm #26

Hang in there!
Sophie
She might be in one of the handful of states that don't allow people the freedom to do this kind of testing. I think it is a wonderful option and have used it myself.

January 23rd, 2014, 9:26 pm #27

I could get it drawn Monday. I can just change the date on the orders I have. It's a word doc. I send it to my local place myself. But I think I'm going to wait. Last time it was so stressful going every 2 days, seeing it rise but not enough. It will be more definitive on Wednesday. I didn't stop drugs until the 6 week mark last time and I hate taking drugs when I know it's pointless. So being in the dark might be better for my soul... Remind of this when I get antsy next week, lol...
Then nothing till my US. My betas were low enough that I was terrified of bad news. I mean, burning up bright red stiff as a board barely breathing terrified when I got the US. I knew nothing was going to be there.

Here's to a great beta next week and a beautiful first ultrasound for you too.

January 23rd, 2014, 9:37 pm #28

I confess, a bit more sensible than I would be: ) It's a good plan-- by Wed, things should be more clear (but I do think they look pretty good now).

Erin
Erin

January 23rd, 2014, 9:41 pm #29

It's 116. Up from 46. The draw was done 72 hrs apart. Doubling time is 54 hours. I know it's well within normal limits and much better than last time. But I'm still incredibly scared and guarded. Also, Im on crinone 2X /day and p4 is only 5. RBA says that's fine but it scares the crap out of me and I want to increase it on my own. Thoughts? Should I just ask to switch to PIO?
That's an awesome rise! Love the direction this is heading but understand the cautious optimism (isn't it nice to have some well-deserved optimism even if it is of the "cautious" variety though??!). As for the PIO, I would (and did) absolutely take it. It can only help and with good technique (I can share how I did it with barely any pain if that would be helpful) it really is no big deal. If nothing else, being able to rely on the lab values to know how it's going can give you a lot of piece of mind, which you very understandably might need after all you've been through.

Holding out a lot of hope for next Weds and will continue to send lots of good thoughts your way!

Mrs. McIrish
Mrs. McIrish

January 23rd, 2014, 9:50 pm #30

PIO is being sent to me by Village. I'll have it tomorrow. I did it last time and it was fine. I actually think it was one of your posts last year that I read and followed. Placing the vial in your bra for a while to warm it up???? Was that you? Cuz that's what I did...