Mrs. McIrish

Mrs. McIrish

jmassage
jmassage

March 12th, 2013, 6:15 pm #1

I have been thinking about you lately and ws just wondering how you are holding up??

March 12th, 2013, 9:59 pm #2

I too have been thinking about you.

Bostoncoco
Bostoncoco

March 12th, 2013, 10:37 pm #3

I have been thinking about you lately and ws just wondering how you are holding up??
Me Three

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

March 12th, 2013, 10:52 pm #4

Hope you are doing well.

March 12th, 2013, 10:53 pm #5

another one too! (nt)

Piper
Piper

March 13th, 2013, 1:14 am #6

And sending you support during this sad time...

Mrs. McIrish
Mrs. McIrish

March 13th, 2013, 1:31 am #7

Thanks so much for thinking of me. As of yesterday, my beta was finally down to 1.8 so I don't need to go for another. I've been having terrible hot flashes all day and night for several weeks now. Scared to think my cycle will not return or that this is the beginning of menopause or peri-menopause for me. Whenever I get a period I will go for day 3 b/w to see how high the FSH is. Just curious about it. We listed our house last Thursday and had an open house on Sunday, a showing last night and we have a second showing for Thursday. A quick sale would be nice... I managed to keep busy getting the house ready for the market so that distracted me a bit. Of course I came home last night to a baby shower invitation in the mail. I'll be declining that...

DH and I are going away this weekend for his birthday. Drinks, good food and shopping are what the doctor ordered, right? I did do something dumb today. I told my nurse to put my name on 2 waiting lists "just in case I win the lottery". I still haven't gotten DH to go for karotyping yet. In my heart I do feel that it could be a translocation issue. We have some time to kill on Thursday when my car is in the shop so I think I am making him go to the lab then....

March 13th, 2013, 12:36 pm #8

I have so wanted to talk to you about embryo adoption. your track record sounds exactly the same as mine when useing DH sperm. I had no luck despite 3 good donors. Makes me believe something between my and his DNA just doesn't "mix" well together. I have gotten pregnant 4 out of 5 trys with donated embryos. Unfortunately 2 were before they discovered my polops and one had Trisomy 21 but we seem to have covered all those bases this time and are very hopeful. I don't know if this is something you have ever considered but after 9 IVF's and 5 IUI we don't care whos DNA our child carries, we just know he or she will have all the love in our (broken)hearts for all our lives.

Mrs. McIrish
Mrs. McIrish

March 13th, 2013, 1:52 pm #9

Now I know why you dodged my question a few weeks ago asking if you were using a DE/DS combo on your next cycle in Syracuse. You weren't going there! Lol! It makes no sense to me but DH just balks at DS even though he'd adopt if it was easier/not so expensive/less waiting time.. I told him that DE/DS was like adoption only we'd be able to ensure prenatal care since it would be me carrying it and we'd be able to pick/control the combination like ethnicity/family health whereas you get what you get with adoption. He just isn't interested. What can you do when someone else isn't on board? I'm not getting a divorce over it. I do know that I cannot in good conscience cycle again doing the same thing with no changes. We'd be totally OOP as I've used up my cycle limit on insurance. It would be like throwing the money away to do the exact same thing again. One fair blast out of 12 eggs from 2 donors just boggles my mind. The clinic doesn't seem to care at all and has made zero recommendations. The karotype order was my request. They seem fine to just take your money and say "try again" without looking into anything. I won't do that. So I'm trying my best to do CFNBC and know it will take a long tie to feel ok again. I'm reading a dissertation written about life after infertility when no baby ever came. It's very interesting and validates a lot of feelings that I am having. Since I am only I the beginning stages of CF, I'm trying to not beat myself up since it says it could be like 2 years before not having a baby is the central focus of your life and how you have to find a new identity that isn't mommy hood.

March 13th, 2013, 5:26 pm #10

My DH has a set of naturally concieved twins with his EX so I know it wasn't a sperm issue just a his sperm with my eggs or body issue. If you ever get DH to entertain the thought of trying donor embryos just get with me, I am full of lots of info and ammunation for the discussion. I just heard from Misz on our other board by private message that she has gotten 7 donated embryos from Cooper and is doing her testing for a transfer in the near future. Have a wonderful birthday weekend with your DH