Mrs. McIrish & AC

Mrs. McIrish & AC

November 4th, 2014, 11:16 am #1

Haven't been on in awhile but wanted you both to know I'm thinking about you two. Read the updates below. Hang in there ladies, it won't be long now!!

November 4th, 2014, 3:32 pm #2

Thanks for the note Dee!

I had another growth u/s yesterday and a Baby A is estimated at 5lbs 13 oz and B at 6lbs--- so 12 lbs of baby already... I'm 36 weeks today or tomorrow (my date was always one day off what MFM's office has...). But my BP was high at yesterday's appt and I'm swollen/puffy. So we are now on pre-eclampsia "watch" and I'm going back on Friday to recheck it. If BP is the same as yesterday, they will let me go home for the weekend but if it's abnormal, they will send me to L&D for monitoring. Depending on how high it is (he would not give me the number of what's "too high") the MFM said I would be admitted so they can watch me until birth. Induction is still set for 11/19 but we'll see what happens on Friday. Trying to get the last minute things done at home in case I am admitted...

November 4th, 2014, 7:48 pm #3

Haven't been on in awhile but wanted you both to know I'm thinking about you two. Read the updates below. Hang in there ladies, it won't be long now!!
It's so nice of you to be thinking of us. Today I'm 30 wks. I've been feeling pretty fabulous up until the past week. I think I'm turning a corner in terms of being uncomfortable. I've had some round ligament pain that feels like I've got a hernia for half a day. The nurses say this will only last for a short while. I'm starting to swell a little. And my energy is declining a bit. I can't complain though - I've had it really good the past 7 months. We have our delivery scheduled for 12/29 and I'm excited. I hope we make it that far. Next week I'll start reducing my time in the office and I'm working on starting a medical leave on 12/5 so I can have a few weeks to take is super easy. Hopefully that will help get us to 38 weeks. We're in the home stretch now!

November 4th, 2014, 7:52 pm #4

Thanks for the note Dee!

I had another growth u/s yesterday and a Baby A is estimated at 5lbs 13 oz and B at 6lbs--- so 12 lbs of baby already... I'm 36 weeks today or tomorrow (my date was always one day off what MFM's office has...). But my BP was high at yesterday's appt and I'm swollen/puffy. So we are now on pre-eclampsia "watch" and I'm going back on Friday to recheck it. If BP is the same as yesterday, they will let me go home for the weekend but if it's abnormal, they will send me to L&D for monitoring. Depending on how high it is (he would not give me the number of what's "too high") the MFM said I would be admitted so they can watch me until birth. Induction is still set for 11/19 but we'll see what happens on Friday. Trying to get the last minute things done at home in case I am admitted...
WOW! I'm sorry you're not feeling great, and the previa watch is stressful. Hang in there! I can't believe this might be the weekend. I hope your BP doesn't get too high and you can ride it out until 11/19. I'll be thinking of you and girls. Sounds like they are a lovely size right now. Keep us posted.

November 4th, 2014, 9:23 pm #5

Thanks for the note Dee!

Yeah, get the basics in place for sure when you can stand to be up and about. Are you wearing compression hose? Can't believe you're finally about to be a mom! Take care, Maggie (in VA)

November 5th, 2014, 6:02 am #6

Thanks for the updates. Seems like your babies will be here any day now Mrs. McIrish. AC, 30 weeks...yeah...time for some discomfort. I can only imagine moreso with twins. Glad to hear all is otherwise well. Will be checking in on you both to see how you are doing.

November 5th, 2014, 2:56 pm #7

For some reason, always when reading of pregnancy ailments, my eyes saw that as "mild but very tolerable round ligament discomfort." I had NO idea how much it could hurt and that before 26 weeks!!! But before the new year, your babes will be in your arms AC in Boston and the pains of pregnancy a hazy memory. So excited for you and Mrs McIrish!

November 5th, 2014, 5:25 pm #8

Thanks for the note Dee!

I have been off the boards too, glad to see your update. You have done a fantastic "job" already mommy, keeping your 4 leaf clovers to 36 weeks. I hope that your BP stabilizes and you have a breezy easy L&D. Hang in there you will soon be holding your little ones along with zero sleep. I am so darn happy for you and your DH. T&Ps for you and the girls. Keep us posted sweetie you are almost there.

Many hugs,

DC

November 5th, 2014, 5:30 pm #9

It's so nice of you to be thinking of us. Today I'm 30 wks. I've been feeling pretty fabulous up until the past week. I think I'm turning a corner in terms of being uncomfortable. I've had some round ligament pain that feels like I've got a hernia for half a day. The nurses say this will only last for a short while. I'm starting to swell a little. And my energy is declining a bit. I can't complain though - I've had it really good the past 7 months. We have our delivery scheduled for 12/29 and I'm excited. I hope we make it that far. Next week I'll start reducing my time in the office and I'm working on starting a medical leave on 12/5 so I can have a few weeks to take is super easy. Hopefully that will help get us to 38 weeks. We're in the home stretch now!
Glad to read your update seems like it was just yesterday that you and Mrs. Mc had your betas. The months and years do fly by. My DS will be four in 3 weeks!!! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. It will be a holiday that's for sure.

November 5th, 2014, 7:02 pm #10

Thanks for the note Dee!

Usage
According to Maternity Corner, pregnant women can take evening primrose oil orally starting at 34 weeks of pregnancy and vaginally beginning at 36 weeks to soften the cervix. The site recommends that pregnancy women insert two 500 milligram capsules of evening primrose vaginally once daily from 36 weeks to 38 weeks of pregnancy. After 38 weeks, you can take that same dose three to four times per day.

==================

I'd be scared to start taking it till closer to 38 weeks since there is such a focus on the risks of early term births now. But I don't recall ever reading this before. Maybe it would help make for an easier birth?
Last edited by Blessed_Thistle on November 5th, 2014, 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.