mock cycle question

mock cycle question

Mel
Mel

July 22nd, 2012, 3:58 pm #1

So I am in the process of trying to do my first DE cycle. Problem is, I am in premenopause and for the past 11 months my cycles have been irregular. Anyway, I did the Progesterone 200mg daily X 10 days and now on my 10th day and no cycle yet:( Just wondering if anyone else on here had this experience and what is going to happen from here. They told me to call the office if I didn't start, so I plan to call tomorrow. I guess I am just wondering what else can be done if my body won't cooperate with even a mock cycle!

Bethlyn
Bethlyn

July 23rd, 2012, 2:18 am #2

Any kind of menopause is irrelevant in a DE cycle, the meds will replace your natural hormones until the (hopeful) pregnancy kicks those hormones into gear. If I remember correctly, the mock cycle included estrogen therapy, to build up the lining, and then progesterone therapy to allow the lining to shed. You'll have your answer tomorrow, but don't worry, the mock cycle is done exactly for this reason... to see how to best make your body respond for the real thing Lots of good luck.

Mel
Mel

July 23rd, 2012, 1:37 pm #3

No they gave me ten days of Progesterone to supposedly start my cycle then I was to begin the Estrogen on the third day of the cycle. Guess I can't do that if i never start:) We will see what they say when they return my call I guess....

July 23rd, 2012, 2:53 pm #4

So I am in the process of trying to do my first DE cycle. Problem is, I am in premenopause and for the past 11 months my cycles have been irregular. Anyway, I did the Progesterone 200mg daily X 10 days and now on my 10th day and no cycle yet:( Just wondering if anyone else on here had this experience and what is going to happen from here. They told me to call the office if I didn't start, so I plan to call tomorrow. I guess I am just wondering what else can be done if my body won't cooperate with even a mock cycle!
I am also in perimenopause and use 200mg prometrium to bring on flow. I usually do it for 12 days and get AF within 3 days after finishing it. Best of Luck!!

Mel
Mel

July 23rd, 2012, 4:31 pm #5

It's been 11 days, so I'm not sure why I haven't started. Doctors office still hasn't called so I am not sure what the plan will be:)

Mel
Mel

July 23rd, 2012, 4:33 pm #6

I am also in perimenopause and use 200mg prometrium to bring on flow. I usually do it for 12 days and get AF within 3 days after finishing it. Best of Luck!!
I re-read my post. I didn't clarify I see. I had already stopped the Progesterone and it was 10 days after:) Sorry I overlooked that part. As you can see, this is stressing me out. Ha!