Miscarriage scare today-damn that low progesterone

Miscarriage scare today-damn that low progesterone

Jennifer
Jennifer

May 10th, 2011, 10:14 pm #1

Hi Ladies!!!
It's me with the low progesterone. Thank you so much for responding to my thread below. Yesterday I started the everyday shot---granted only 1cc (which I am going to ask to have this upped if the pregnancy if viable). This afternoon i felt really "miscarriage-ey"---bloated, weird nagging pain, sick to my stomach etc. I went to the bathroom and when I wiped I saw a very slight pink color.

I immediately gave myself a PIO shot (1.5cc) and will take another .5cc tonight (after reading how many of you guys were on 2cc per day). I am also still on the Endometrin 3x a day. I would increase to 4 but can't find any record of anyone taking this much so I'm not sure I should. Any thoughts?

There has been no other spotting but I will go in for bloodwork tomorrow. The nurse wanted me to come in for an ultrasound as well but I am not sure I want to. I don't like the idea of them in my vagina pushing around so early, especially with my past two miscarriages. I might only agree to bloodwork if there is no more spotting or bleeding tonight.

Anything else you guys recommend?
thanks-
jennifer

May 10th, 2011, 10:43 pm #2

The only other things I would suggest is make sure you are getting plenty of fluids and rest as much as possible (sitting/laying down with feet up!)

Some slight spotting is quite normal, but still very scary. Good luck!

Kay

" Some people built castles in the air. She constructed hers from mashed potatoes, which kept down demolition costs." Sarah Sloane, Borrowing Priviledges

May 11th, 2011, 12:06 am #3

Hi Ladies!!!
It's me with the low progesterone. Thank you so much for responding to my thread below. Yesterday I started the everyday shot---granted only 1cc (which I am going to ask to have this upped if the pregnancy if viable). This afternoon i felt really "miscarriage-ey"---bloated, weird nagging pain, sick to my stomach etc. I went to the bathroom and when I wiped I saw a very slight pink color.

I immediately gave myself a PIO shot (1.5cc) and will take another .5cc tonight (after reading how many of you guys were on 2cc per day). I am also still on the Endometrin 3x a day. I would increase to 4 but can't find any record of anyone taking this much so I'm not sure I should. Any thoughts?

There has been no other spotting but I will go in for bloodwork tomorrow. The nurse wanted me to come in for an ultrasound as well but I am not sure I want to. I don't like the idea of them in my vagina pushing around so early, especially with my past two miscarriages. I might only agree to bloodwork if there is no more spotting or bleeding tonight.

thanks-
jennifer
I had some light pink bleeding too. My nurse said the Endometrin was irritating my cervix and had me stop using the applicator and use my finger instead.

I know it's tough, but hang in there!

K
K

May 11th, 2011, 12:34 am #4

Hi Ladies!!!

thanks-
jennifer
Thinking of you. Good luck with your test tomorrow... Nt

May 11th, 2011, 3:46 pm #5

Hi Ladies!!!

thanks-
jennifer
I had a scary bleeding episode when I was pregnant with DD. It was indeed the Endometrin irritating my cervix. This time, I am using projesterone suppositories, they look like little bullets and are much easier than Endometrin (and much less expensive). I think they are made with vitamin E.

I also have a history of low progesterone. This pregnancy was taking 2.0 cc of PIO which was upped to 2.5 daily after one test showed a slight drop as well as 2-400mg suppositories one each in the am and pm. I am currently weaning off of the PIO but I think they will soon have me take Prometrium orally until week 36 or so as I did with my last pregnancy.

Keeping fingers crossed that all is OK. I'd get the ultrasound if I were you.

Barb