minniet - re. thyroid

minniet - re. thyroid

Ariadne
Ariadne

July 27th, 2011, 4:16 am #1

OK, just saw your response.

I think what I was remembering were the discussions between Alex & JeanTX on synthroid vs. armour on the over 40 board. I'm not sure if that's helpful or not, as I see you were in on some of those discussions. :P Anyway, I ran a match search for synthroid armour & found a bunch of threads.

OT, I wonder what happened with JeanTX. I haven't seen her post in a long time. I really enjoyed her knowledgeable, thoughtful posts. I see Alex at times on one of the other boards.

Good luck!!

July 27th, 2011, 3:22 pm #2

Too bad she's not here right now.

I notice that indeed I have been super foggy (not lazy, just unable to think), so I just went with the synthroid up to 112. It makes sense to me to not change brands when synthroid has always worked for me. I also just got back my full panel and everything else looked really good - no antithyroid antibodies at all! Yah!

I think it's the fish oil I have been taking (pharma grade) which helped the ATAs.

Let's hope that tsh gets down to 1.

Thanks for your post.

July 27th, 2011, 7:38 pm #3

I feel like I might be cutting in the middle of a convo, but I just wanted to say that I think it is smart not to change. In fact, at one point I was on the generic synthroid and didn't realize it, but felt the same old symptoms. I went back to synthroid and felt much better. Later I read that this med is one of the ones that generics aren't necessarily good for. Of course I don't know about other brands.

Also, it is good you are being proactive re: your TSH. My 1st RE didn't think it was a big deal and as long as I was in normal range (.5-4.5 or something like that) it was ok. My 2nd RE kept me at around 1 during cycling.

-Lizzie