Message for "Hopeful" at RBA

Message for "Hopeful" at RBA

Antonialisa
Antonialisa

August 29th, 2012, 2:05 pm #1

I saw your thread below. I am wondering whether you picked a donor yet? Let us know how it all went.

I should say that I am also with RBA and I was in a similar situation as you. None of the donors really did it for me or my DH. We were very discouraged.

One day I logged on and there were new donors and one of them was excellent! High academic achiever (also important to DH and me) and lots of shared interests. Hair and eye colour different, but that's totally unpredictable anyway in my family which is very diverse. We grabbed her on the same day and she promptly disappeared off the board. So it might be worth checking daily if you still haven't found one you are happy with.

Zoya2
Zoya2

August 29th, 2012, 3:21 pm #2

I think this is great advice. I'm pretty sure that people do this with my clinic, as I've seen donors pop up and disappear right away. I know that recipients "stalk" (and I mean this in the best way - I would do it too) the donor pool at Shady Grove. At SG donors show up and are snapped up instantly, so keeping a close and frequent eye on the pool is a very good idea.

August 30th, 2012, 1:45 am #3

I saw your thread below. I am wondering whether you picked a donor yet? Let us know how it all went.

I should say that I am also with RBA and I was in a similar situation as you. None of the donors really did it for me or my DH. We were very discouraged.

One day I logged on and there were new donors and one of them was excellent! High academic achiever (also important to DH and me) and lots of shared interests. Hair and eye colour different, but that's totally unpredictable anyway in my family which is very diverse. We grabbed her on the same day and she promptly disappeared off the board. So it might be worth checking daily if you still haven't found one you are happy with.
We did pick a donor... In the end we went with someone with good academics and shared interests. While the donor coordinator told me that on the adult photo (which we do not get to see) her smile, eye shape and face shape look a lot like me, when I look at her childhood picture I see my mother... I have dark eyes and hair while my mom is a natural blond with hazel / green eyes, and so is the donor. I am at peace with our choice. Now I have have to hope and pray it will work!

Antonialisa
Antonialisa

August 30th, 2012, 4:22 pm #4

Sounds like you picked a fantastic donor. Good luck to you! Keep us informed.