Meds/Weight gain

Meds/Weight gain

Lisa
Lisa

June 13th, 2012, 12:15 pm #1

Hi
First, I want to thank everyone who responded to my initial post. I have found a lot of support here and am enjoying the community.
Has anyone experienced any weight gain from the combo of birth control, estrace, and lupron?
I have gained about 8 pounds and my mood can be less than desirable
Is this normal?

June 13th, 2012, 1:43 pm #2

Hi, I did about eight cycles and put on weight for each. I used to think it was the meds all the time, however we did one surrogate cycle and sure enough I put on the same amount of weight... I also felt the same if not more anxiety than when I was cycling... It will be meds for sure but also anxiety so keep up the exercise until transfer, good luck, best thk

June 13th, 2012, 5:32 pm #3

Hi
First, I want to thank everyone who responded to my initial post. I have found a lot of support here and am enjoying the community.
Has anyone experienced any weight gain from the combo of birth control, estrace, and lupron?
Is this normal?
I have always been curvy and trim and for 2yrs, I was huge ~ 25 lbs overweight. I am starting to lose wt now and people notice and compliment me. I have not had any meds in my system since Feb and only started to lose wt in May. It takes a toll on our system, at least mine. HTH, FB

Lisa
Lisa

June 13th, 2012, 6:02 pm #4

Oh well, I guess that's how it goes. Hopefully, I'll be getting pregnant and big anyway!
L

June 14th, 2012, 1:24 pm #5

Hi
Is this normal?
Hormones really do a number on my system. I must say that during that time I did not watch what I ate but never had to because I've always been pretty slim and muscular, and my main source of exercise over the years has been through basic life activities (sports, chasing kids,etc) and walking.

I lost the weight at some point (light exercise and watching what I ate a bit). My 1st cycle was a bust, then went for second cycle 3 months later so had to continue on meds til ready to cycle and again weight came on, but not as much. 2nd cycle a success and pregnancy weight fell off easily ( gained 34 pounds). But still working on last 4 pounds that have lingered after the pre-cycle meds.

Just some light exercise, like walking could make all the difference.

Lisa
Lisa

June 14th, 2012, 5:12 pm #6

Thanks!

Mrs. H
Mrs. H

June 14th, 2012, 6:41 pm #7

Hi
Is this normal?
When I first went of BCP and started this whole process, I gained close to 20 pounds - which was LOT on a 5'2" frame. I managed to lose 11 of that, through exercise and cutting carbs/refined sugar, but with this last cycle, I gained back 6. My body is just super sensitive to the hormones, particular the progesterone. Unfortunately, this last cycle (my first w/ DE) resulted in a BFN...but I am trying to look at the silver lining that I can give my body a break from all the meds for at least a couple weeks and hopefully drop a few pounds.
But, like others have said, we all hope the end result will be that we end up pregnant - and then who cares if you have a little extra weight?

Good luck!

Lisa
Lisa

June 15th, 2012, 2:37 pm #8

Good luck to you, too. I know, I don't really care about the weight, I just hope it doesn't affect my ability to get pregnant. I have a good BMI, so that should count for something. And yes, if I get pregnant, I'll be gaining weight, and if I don't, I'll be so depressed that I won't feel like eating, and I'll lose it. It's win, win.

Mrs. H
Mrs. H

June 15th, 2012, 3:57 pm #9

Well, a better way to look at it is that if you don't get a BFP, then your body gets a little break from all the hormones. I've been off them since Wednesday and have already lost three pounds! Granted, I would have much preferred a BFP this week, but this just shows how much those hormones/meds impact our bodies. Because, trust me, I haven't stopped eating!