Manhattan hotels w/cribs?

Manhattan hotels w/cribs?

July 4th, 2012, 2:08 am #1

Hi New Yorkers,

We're hoping to attend one of my best friends' wedding over Labor Day weekend and are looking for a family-friendly, reasonably priced (ha!) hotel. Our soon-to-be three year old twins are still sleeping in cribs. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

-Catelle

July 4th, 2012, 12:30 pm #2

You might check out Homewood Suites, right across the Hudson River, in Edgewater, NJ. The suites are larger than hotel rooms in Manhattan, and it might be more affordable. You can get to/from the city by car, bus or water ferry. Granted, not as convenient as staying in Manhattan, but it's an option. Several of our friends stayed there when we got married, and they liked it.

I think hotels basically bring you a pack n play when you request a crib. I might be mistaken, though.

July 4th, 2012, 2:26 pm #3

Hi New Yorkers,

We're hoping to attend one of my best friends' wedding over Labor Day weekend and are looking for a family-friendly, reasonably priced (ha!) hotel. Our soon-to-be three year old twins are still sleeping in cribs. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

-Catelle
All of them gave us portable cribs, which are real cribs (not PNP) but much smaller (approx 38" long). My boys have always been small, so it was never a problem, but if your kids are large (tall), then they probably would not be comfortable. There is a weight limit of 35 lbs, I think. My kids were still in cribs at 3 yrs old, but shortly thereafter I transitioned them to sleeping together in a double bed when we traveled and that worked surprisingly well.

I never had an issue getting cribs when staying in hotels. Some of the places I've stayed are the Affinia Dumont, Affinia Shelburne, Avalon, St Giles, Helmsley Park, Beekman, Eastgate Tower. Can't speak to current rates, it really depends on the time of year, day of week, location, etc. The Dumont (and also many other hotels) is offering good summer promotions lately. Not sure what part of the city you'd prefer to be, but the rooms are large and really accommodate twins well.

Have fun! There are so many free/cheap activities to do w/kids, I think you'll have a lot of fun.

July 6th, 2012, 2:15 am #4

Hi New Yorkers,

Thanks in advance!

-Catelle
Great suggestions. I appreciate your advice!

Unless flight costs drop significantly, I think it'll end up being just me going this time, but I'll file your suggestions for future trips to the city.

Thanks for taking the time to help.

-Catelle