Low cost donor egg in USA

Low cost donor egg in USA

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 8th, 2013, 1:20 pm #1

Hi all, hoping you can help me.
I am wondering what options exist for lower priced donor egg cycles in the USA. I know about CNY but don't wish to use them, are there any others that come close price wise? I don't care whereabouts, happy to travel.

Thanks!

March 8th, 2013, 4:29 pm #2

Shady Grove in the D.C. area is also known for its low-cost split cycles. I'm not sure what those are costing these days. If you qualify, they also have a pretty affordable guarantee program. You can just go to their Web site for more information and contacts.

The frozen egg program at RBA in Atlanta is $16,500 for a cycle last I heard. RBA has a really good reputation and pioneered egg vitrification in the U.S. Using frozen eggs gives you a lot of flexibility.

If you're single, have MF, or were considering donor embryo, California Conceptions has a program for DE/DS freeze-all split cycles (they call is "donor embryo"; it is not) that costs $12,500 for 3 cycles with a 100% refund guarantee if you qualify for the program. One woman posted here that since she is local to the Northern California Fertility Center that hosts the program, they let her do fresh tx's. BTW, the program used to cost under $10K, so for the cost of a single foreign cycle, she was effectively in a DE guarantee program.

I'll be curious to see what other women post here, because I think more lower cost options are emerging. Since I needed DE + DS, had the California Conceptions program existed when I cycled, I would definitely have done that over going overseas. But since I had a little more cash to put toward the situation, I probably would have done RBA's frozen egg program (although that would have put a lot of pressure on me to complete my family as their age limit is 50 and 364 days and I was 48 when I cycled).

Take care,

Maggie (in VA)

March 10th, 2013, 5:08 pm #3

Cooper does a split cycle that I looked into about a year ago. The donor donates half of her eggs to you and you pay for the majority of the costs of the IVF with a few exceptions that the donor is responsible for. They have the program details on thier website. They had a big fire in Dec and are just getting back into thier offices.

Cee
Cee

March 12th, 2013, 2:12 pm #4

Hi all, hoping you can help me.
I am wondering what options exist for lower priced donor egg cycles in the USA. I know about CNY but don't wish to use them, are there any others that come close price wise? I don't care whereabouts, happy to travel.

Thanks!
We are using CA Concep.tions and I love it so far. I know they advertise as donor embryo but it really isn't IMO. But for us it was a perfect solution - I need DE because of severe DOR/POF, and my DH has sertoli cell only syndrome so we also need DS. So it's basically a split DE+DS cycle. We get 3 tries for the program price and we also qualified for the guarantee program so if after 3 tries we don't have a pregnancy that advances past 12 weeks we get our money back.

Our first cycle resulted in a m/c but we are about to have our 2nd transfer and I hope this is the one that sticks. They've been awesome to work with as well - I used to be in the Co.oper DEmbryo program and while affordable, didn't offer the highest quality embryos and in the time I was in their care (both cycling on my own and in their DEmbryo program) they were stressful to work with.

GL to you!