Love...

Love...

August 16th, 2012, 2:50 am #1

I know, I just posted about my heartache about DS always wanting Daddy. But, there are those moments that make it all worthwhile. We have taught DS sign language along with verbal speech. Today he signed "love" to me. I was the only one here, he was sitting at the table looking at me, and out of the blue he signed "love." I am positive it was meant for me. Maybe wishful thinking...but I don't think so and I'm claiming it!

August 16th, 2012, 2:57 am #2

Those are moments to cherish...

August 16th, 2012, 3:57 am #3

I know, I just posted about my heartache about DS always wanting Daddy. But, there are those moments that make it all worthwhile. We have taught DS sign language along with verbal speech. Today he signed "love" to me. I was the only one here, he was sitting at the table looking at me, and out of the blue he signed "love." I am positive it was meant for me. Maybe wishful thinking...but I don't think so and I'm claiming it!

I'm sure it was meant for you and I think it's precious.

I want to teach my ds some sign language. What do you recommend?

August 16th, 2012, 6:15 am #4

Sorry you don't get that obvious of a confirmation every day, but he adores his mama, too.

August 16th, 2012, 1:01 pm #5

lovely ((()))

August 16th, 2012, 3:26 pm #6

And, one of my twins (the one with the speech delay) never says "I love you" to anyone, but of course he loves us. The other one says it often to me, but I don't think he said it at all until well after age 2. You guys are ahead of the game!

August 16th, 2012, 3:30 pm #7

Of course he loves you! Moments like that are just so tender

August 16th, 2012, 4:12 pm #8

What a sweet moment you shared! n/t

August 17th, 2012, 1:39 am #9

I'm sure it was meant for you and I think it's precious.

I want to teach my ds some sign language. What do you recommend?

Hey! Hope all is well for you and LO.

I know that babies are not supposed to watch TV or video's, but we made an exception with these videos. He knows about 200 signs now and it has really helped him bridge the gap to speaking clearly. He says 150-200 words now, but still signs, especially if we don't understand what he is saying. I tried a few different books and videos, and these were the best. We started with Baby Signing Time and progressed to some of the ones for toddlers. If you "like" them on Facebook you will get updates on sales, which are frequent and really help.