Lots and Lotsa Embryos! (failed DE/Mc ment.)

Lots and Lotsa Embryos! (failed DE/Mc ment.)

Chris
Chris

November 17th, 2011, 12:19 am #1

Hey Ladies,

I have posted before and have been lurking lately. This summer I had my first DE cycle that failed - fresh and 1 frozen cycle - both low betas.

I was devastated but picked up the pieces and moved on to another donor/agency in September. The donor was so sweet and cut an amount off of her fee for us since we just had a failed cycle. I am happy to report that we are having tremendous success so far!!!

Retrieved 45 eggs on Sunday
37 fertilized on Monday
27 CD3 embryos today!!

CD5 transfer on Friday

A few of the embryos are 2 and 4 cell so we don't expect them to make it, but most are 6/8 cell!!! We are so happy!

My first donor, although a mother, was not proven and was 30/31. We decided to go with a proven donor (several times) and a few years younger at 26/27 years old since the RE told us he thought that it was bad embryos the first try. I also have had DH on Proxceed for about three months, and he has religiously taken it every day! He was very fearful that the failures were because of him, although the RE said that his sperm was really, very good. I also sucked it up and paid for IVIG since I have had a lot of mcs with OE and two early ones with the donor.

I am very surprised that sooo many fertilized!! I think the Proxceed might have helped him. Not sure.

Cross your fingers for us, girls. It has been a long @ss year!!!!!!!

November 17th, 2011, 12:33 am #2

that is a bumper crop of embryos and I am hoping great success for you. sorry about your failed cycles and i know personally how devastating that can be as we all assume that DE is the golden ticket. good luck when is your transfer? LMD

mrs. M
mrs. M

November 17th, 2011, 12:51 am #3

Hey Ladies,

I have posted before and have been lurking lately. This summer I had my first DE cycle that failed - fresh and 1 frozen cycle - both low betas.

I was devastated but picked up the pieces and moved on to another donor/agency in September. The donor was so sweet and cut an amount off of her fee for us since we just had a failed cycle. I am happy to report that we are having tremendous success so far!!!

37 fertilized on Monday
27 CD3 embryos today!!

CD5 transfer on Friday

A few of the embryos are 2 and 4 cell so we don't expect them to make it, but most are 6/8 cell!!! We are so happy!

My first donor, although a mother, was not proven and was 30/31. We decided to go with a proven donor (several times) and a few years younger at 26/27 years old since the RE told us he thought that it was bad embryos the first try. I also have had DH on Proxceed for about three months, and he has religiously taken it every day! He was very fearful that the failures were because of him, although the RE said that his sperm was really, very good. I also sucked it up and paid for IVIG since I have had a lot of mcs with OE and two early ones with the donor.

I am very surprised that sooo many fertilized!! I think the Proxceed might have helped him. Not sure.

GL Friday!

November 17th, 2011, 1:16 am #4

Hey Ladies,

37 fertilized on Monday
27 CD3 embryos today!!

CD5 transfer on Friday

I agree with both sides of the argument to have lots of frozens or have 5 or 6?
(I have a close friend who does NOT want the amount I have which is 14) however, I cannot tell you enough what peace of mind it is to have alot of frozens. It's very important! wonderful congrats!

November 17th, 2011, 1:46 am #5

Hey Ladies,

37 fertilized on Monday
27 CD3 embryos today!!

CD5 transfer on Friday

HI Chris,
Those are terrific fert rate numbers its fabulas news.
Good luck for transfer. Rest after the transfer and until the 2ww is over!!

best, THK

November 17th, 2011, 1:59 am #6

Hey Ladies,

37 fertilized on Monday
27 CD3 embryos today!!

CD5 transfer on Friday

wow, such wonderful news....Keeping fingers crossed for you!

November 17th, 2011, 5:02 am #7

Hey Ladies,

37 fertilized on Monday
27 CD3 embryos today!!

CD5 transfer on Friday

Great numbers. After such hard times before with DE and OE dissapointments I think you have such a high chance of success with such high quality embryos. Congratulations and best of luck on Friday. Keep us posted how it goes.
Cheers
Pict

SamanthaL
SamanthaL

November 17th, 2011, 3:43 pm #8

Hey Ladies,

37 fertilized on Monday
27 CD3 embryos today!!

CD5 transfer on Friday

Those are similar to our numbers. We had 44 eggs and ended up with 28 embryos! GOOD LUCK TO YOU!