Looking for Low Priced Estrogen and Progresterone

Looking for Low Priced Estrogen and Progresterone

May 26th, 2012, 6:13 pm #1

I'm looking to do a FET next month and really need to save any money I can. The pharmacy my clinic uses ships the meds anyway, so I really can use any pharmacy. I was wondering if any of you have done price comparisons. I have no insurance coverage for the medication, so I'm looking for the best out of pocket price.

May 27th, 2012, 4:05 pm #2

I used Freedom Fertility and they were great. Also used Apothecary once and everything was fine with them too.

May 28th, 2012, 3:29 am #3

I'm looking to do a FET next month and really need to save any money I can. The pharmacy my clinic uses ships the meds anyway, so I really can use any pharmacy. I was wondering if any of you have done price comparisons. I have no insurance coverage for the medication, so I'm looking for the best out of pocket price.
Estradiol is generic and generic Prometrium is available now. Have you looked at ivfmeds.com? Will you need PIO, Crinone, or other? Crinone is insanely expensive in the US, I know. GL! Maggie (in VA)

Molly
Molly

May 28th, 2012, 5:37 pm #4

My insurance doesnt cover IVF ... procedures or meds. That said, since estrogen and progesterone are used to treat things other than infertility certain types were covered. For example, estrogen patches oddly were not covered ... however, estrogen pills were. And crinone and progesterone suppositories were not covered but progesterone for shots was covered.

Isurance varies, but I'd ask because chances are you can get something covered.

Best wishes,
M

May 29th, 2012, 5:59 pm #5

I'm using a gestational carrier, so there is no insurance coverage.