lining (this is kind of a re-post)

lining (this is kind of a re-post)

July 20th, 2012, 4:53 am #1

I am having my bleed after my BFN and am concerned because there was barely any blood -- light, light, light -- and now it's over. So what happened to the "fabulous lining" everyone was so excited about? It was 9 or 10 mm depending on who you were talking to but here's what concerns me. My baseline (I"m post-early menopause) was 5 mm. Actually they first measured it at a 6, then revised to a 5. So was my "9 or 10" any good at all anyway?

I'm just concerned because if there is a chance that in fact there was a lining issue, shouldn't I try a mock cycle before doing another cycle and spending a ton of money and emotional capital on nothing? I am speaking with my doctor in a couple of weeks but this is keeping me up nights right now...

Ks
Ks

July 20th, 2012, 9:54 am #2

Do a mock first! I made a very bad expensive mistake and didn't do a mock before my first DE cycle, and lo behold the day before transfer I dropped my lining and had to do a freeze all! Turns out my body didn't agree with the type of estrogen I was on! Be patient and take the time to do the mock and try to get everything right so you know going into the cycle you can feel confident at least in your lining!
Sorry to hear about your BFN!
All my best!
ks

July 20th, 2012, 12:06 pm #3

is I spoke to the nurse and she said the lining was good because it looked good on the U/S. So I'm wondering how I should formulate my questions for my RE when I speak to him in a week. I'm concerned they are going to insist the lining was good but I do not think it was or I would have more of a bleed.

July 20th, 2012, 2:40 pm #4

My flow after my BFN was very light, and I had the same concerns as you. And while they had to give me an extra shot of E2 on ER day, on ET day, my lining was 10mm. But if I had to do a cycle again now that I'm probably post-menopausal, I would definitely want to do a mock cycle. Maggie (in VA)

July 20th, 2012, 4:01 pm #5

I am having my bleed after my BFN and am concerned because there was barely any blood -- light, light, light -- and now it's over. So what happened to the "fabulous lining" everyone was so excited about? It was 9 or 10 mm depending on who you were talking to but here's what concerns me. My baseline (I"m post-early menopause) was 5 mm. Actually they first measured it at a 6, then revised to a 5. So was my "9 or 10" any good at all anyway?

I'm just concerned because if there is a chance that in fact there was a lining issue, shouldn't I try a mock cycle before doing another cycle and spending a ton of money and emotional capital on nothing? I am speaking with my doctor in a couple of weeks but this is keeping me up nights right now...
Sorry about your bfn - I just did my first DE cycle in March and my clinic (ORM) requires all recipients to do a mock cycle before the real thing. Hope your RE can give you some good answers and better luck with the next try!

July 22nd, 2012, 3:33 am #6

My flow after my BFN was very light, and I had the same concerns as you. And while they had to give me an extra shot of E2 on ER day, on ET day, my lining was 10mm. But if I had to do a cycle again now that I'm probably post-menopausal, I would definitely want to do a mock cycle. Maggie (in VA)
and thanks for the info on your cycle with the light flow. It IS helpful to know that it happened to someone else. But I'm still perplexed and imagine you were too....