lining question post BFN

lining question post BFN

July 17th, 2012, 10:34 am #1

My period started the night before last after stopping meds and I am having a very, very light flow. I do not get a period naturally any more (early menopause) and had been reassured it wouldn't affect the cycle. My nurse also told me the "lining looked great" -- 9 mm and triple whatever it is. But where's the blood? I called her yesterday and she was very sweet -- left me a message explaining the lining was good and it might just mean I was going to have a lighter flow over a longer period of time but it all makes no sense to me. I'm very confused. It's not as if the flow started slow and then increased -- there's almost nothing there.

July 17th, 2012, 5:26 pm #2

My lining was 13mm after my BFN, so I expected a big flow after I stopped the meds. No. And, that being said, my periods on cyclic HRT, while not like the miserable ones of my youth, had fairly good flow. So, you're not alone. I wouldn't sweat it. I was perimenopausal when I cycled. On the next cycle, on ER day, my lining was only 7mm. I was worried as lining had not been an issue on cycle #1. The RE gave me a shot of estrogen, and on ET day, my lining was 10. Got pg w/my twins that cycle. Take care, Maggie (in VA)

July 17th, 2012, 8:49 pm #3

about why the poor flow? Did they explain? Where did the blood go? I just find it baffling...Congrats on the twins! I'm thinking that, if I cycle again, I should do a mock cycle perhaps to see if I can get better lining quality. My DH is being really unsympathetic right now -- saying things like: "You're just too old to make it happen anymore." I wonder how many menopausal women do this successfully?

July 18th, 2012, 4:10 am #4

He's wrong: you had a great lining. It was probably one of the many other factors that cause cycles to fail. Anyway, perhaps better not to over-share w/yr unsupportive spouse. {{Hugs}} Maggie (in VA)

July 18th, 2012, 1:35 pm #5

I'm having a post-cycle consult with Dr. Scott on the 30th of the month to see where to go from here. Will also reach out via agency to the original donor who now has a very exciting life in Japan and may not want to cycle again. Oh well. I can try.
all best! How old are the twins?

July 18th, 2012, 4:32 pm #6

Hi, my twins are 26 mos. now. nt