Lady Magoo - thinking of you - how did it go? NT

Malory
Malory

June 11th, 2011, 4:32 pm #1

June 11th, 2011, 9:56 pm #2

We're back! Thanks for asking, Malory!!! Resting up...see post... xoxo How are you???

Malory
Malory

June 12th, 2011, 2:05 am #3

OK - had to laugh to myself - who else in the world but me (and all you lovely ladies) take Birth control pills because she wants to be pregnant?

It was actually very emotional. The last time I took BCPs it was b/c I thought I was fertile. Seeing them brought up a different time in my life. The young pharmacist asked if I would like them to be something I could just pick up every 28 days (I'm 44 and uh - no...). It was just so sweet. I left and headed for the gym where I teared up in the locker room. What was I thinking when I was younger? That youth lasted an eternity I suppose...I reminded myself that this was my best chance for pregnancy and went to work out...

The list of bcp side effects (cancer, heart attack, stroke) really worried me, but I reminded my self that hundreds of thousands of women take the pill and I'm on a low dose....

Can't wait for the big guns (like lupron and P4 - ARG!!!)

xoxo,
Mal

Anon7
Anon7

June 12th, 2011, 3:18 am #4

I felt weird about the BCPs as well. I'm 43, and somehow circumstance has landed me here, as it has everyone else. The circumstances may vary a bit, but the outcome is the same.

I find myself vascillating between "I can't believe it's come to this!" and being very, very grateful that this option is available. Mostly I'm grateful b/c I don't have a time machine to go back and change anything so at least there is this option.

The lupron is a realy blast! Especially in the beginning. I had to start with 5 days of 20 units along with the bcps, then stopped the bcps and lowered dose to 10 last Friday. I was SO crazed on the 20 units + bcps. I'm not kidding. You may not have this effect, but if you do, just know what it is.

I haven't had the PIO yet, but I heard it's doubly fun. If this cycle doesn't get cancelled, I'll let you know next week. Although I'm NOT looking forward to self-inflicting that BIG needle in my butt.

Deep breaths, one foot in front of the other. Repeat.

LadyMagoo
LadyMagoo

June 12th, 2011, 3:21 am #5

OK - had to laugh to myself - who else in the world but me (and all you lovely ladies) take Birth control pills because she wants to be pregnant?

It was actually very emotional. The last time I took BCPs it was b/c I thought I was fertile. Seeing them brought up a different time in my life. The young pharmacist asked if I would like them to be something I could just pick up every 28 days (I'm 44 and uh - no...). It was just so sweet. I left and headed for the gym where I teared up in the locker room. What was I thinking when I was younger? That youth lasted an eternity I suppose...I reminded myself that this was my best chance for pregnancy and went to work out...

The list of bcp side effects (cancer, heart attack, stroke) really worried me, but I reminded my self that hundreds of thousands of women take the pill and I'm on a low dose....

Can't wait for the big guns (like lupron and P4 - ARG!!!)

xoxo,
Mal
I'm sorry that the BCPs brought all of that up for you. I do understand, though. Oddly enough, my DH pointed out the irony one day...using condoms and BCP in order to GET pregnant. When are you looking to cycle? Are you doing a fresh or frozen cycle (so do you have to coordinate a cycle)?

Hugs....

Malory
Malory

June 12th, 2011, 1:40 pm #6

I have an appt w/ my RE on Tuesday the 14th to sign the paperwork and get all details on the procedure, and of course to hand over the $11,600 for the IVF. I've never done DE before, so fresh cycle, hoping for a few frozen embies just in case. The mandated therapist told me that statistically there wouldn't be any frozen embies so I'm wondering if they low-dose stims...need to find out on Tuesday.

Assuming transfer late July to mid August...

Malory
Malory

June 12th, 2011, 1:40 pm #7

I'm sorry that the BCPs brought all of that up for you. I do understand, though. Oddly enough, my DH pointed out the irony one day...using condoms and BCP in order to GET pregnant. When are you looking to cycle? Are you doing a fresh or frozen cycle (so do you have to coordinate a cycle)?

Hugs....
I have an appt w/ my RE on Tuesday the 14th to sign the paperwork and get all details on the procedure, and of course to hand over the $11,600 for the IVF. I've never done DE before, so fresh cycle, hoping for a few frozen embies just in case. The mandated therapist told me that statistically there wouldn't be any frozen embies so I'm wondering if they low-dose stims...need to find out on Tuesday.

Malory
Malory

June 12th, 2011, 1:52 pm #8

I felt weird about the BCPs as well. I'm 43, and somehow circumstance has landed me here, as it has everyone else. The circumstances may vary a bit, but the outcome is the same.

I find myself vascillating between "I can't believe it's come to this!" and being very, very grateful that this option is available. Mostly I'm grateful b/c I don't have a time machine to go back and change anything so at least there is this option.

The lupron is a realy blast! Especially in the beginning. I had to start with 5 days of 20 units along with the bcps, then stopped the bcps and lowered dose to 10 last Friday. I was SO crazed on the 20 units + bcps. I'm not kidding. You may not have this effect, but if you do, just know what it is.

I haven't had the PIO yet, but I heard it's doubly fun. If this cycle doesn't get cancelled, I'll let you know next week. Although I'm NOT looking forward to self-inflicting that BIG needle in my butt.

Deep breaths, one foot in front of the other. Repeat.
I agree with everything you wrote.

Very nervous about the lupron + bcps! I can be pretty hormonal so must bite my tongue quite a bit in the coming weeks...and work has become very stressful recently so that will be a fun combo

GL w/ PIO...one step at a time you're right - and fx that we all end up pg!

June 12th, 2011, 4:18 pm #9

You wait, wait and wait - and then it's all upon you before you know it! This was my first time as well.

Good luck!!!

Anon7
Anon7

June 12th, 2011, 5:44 pm #10

I agree with everything you wrote.

Very nervous about the lupron + bcps! I can be pretty hormonal so must bite my tongue quite a bit in the coming weeks...and work has become very stressful recently so that will be a fun combo

GL w/ PIO...one step at a time you're right - and fx that we all end up pg!
thought comes and then rolls right out of my mouth! Oops!

It all depends. The calendar says potential retrieval this Saturday but the 3 days after stims report was not looking good at all. So, depending on if they actually do the retrieval on Saturday (all up in the air), and how many they retrieve and if they decide on a day 3 or day 5 transfer. Of course, I'm really hoping for a Day 5 because I'm hoping to transfer only 1 good blast, and have some frozen, but again I've got no idea.

If day 3, it is scheduled for next Tuesday, 6/21, of Day 5, that Thursday, 6/23. I'll be keeping you all updated. Good Luck to us all!