***Ks***

***Ks***

Bharani
Bharani

August 10th, 2011, 2:42 pm #1

How are you? I just spoke to SG. They said if you are Canadian it is 34 000 . Did you pay 34 000? What did you do not to pay it? Did they send you the clinic they work with or did you come up with your own clinic?

I don't get this every time something stops is in your way. I am sad.
B

ks
ks

August 10th, 2011, 6:15 pm #2

My own clinic, which had never worked with SG before. They have now since sent 5 other couples that way! We paid $29,000 US. I don't know why it would be 34 now? We paid by wire transfer out of a US account we started when we knew we were going with SG, and the exchange was in our favor at the time.

I had to pay my clinic $500 for monitoring costs (******** - 2 u/s and 2 blood tests) and I bought all my meds here (which screwed with their protocol, because del estrogen isn't available here in Canada).

I'm betting that they have hard a large jump in us canadians coming over and that's why they've raised their prices!

ks

Bharani
Bharani

August 10th, 2011, 6:47 pm #3

Hi Ks
I read their web site from top to bottom from left to right, nothing as such thing for Canadian/international cost. but when I told them I live here and he lives their area they transfer me to international patient relation. And she said it is 34 000 and they have a clinic that work with them. I ask about the prescription and then she said you can't get med with their prescription I have to ask my doctor to fill in for me or another doctor. So what is the purpose of the clinic here in Toronto? Anyway, I booked with Dr.Stillman for phone consult next Wed, I will see what he will say. This lady email saying the cost for canadian is 29 000. Strange! And that is totally unfair.
May I ask you who is your doctor/ your clinic in Toronto? Mine is dr.Librach I don't think he will like to hear to monitor me. I know that I have to start to look for another clinic/doctor.
Thank you for your support.

ks
ks

August 10th, 2011, 7:27 pm #4

M clinic here is in Newmarket. Northern reproductive therapies. Dr. Rachel foreman. I love her! Everyone there really. Your clinic here will write your scripts, get your ultra sounds and do your blood work. Just a heads up on dr. Stillman he likes to only do single emryo transfers, we had to push him to transfer 2! The phone consult is really just a history. He's not a warm and fuzzy character and he is a little arrogant, but he has every right to be! He is putting his $ where his mouth is!

Good luck!

ks

Bharani
Bharani

August 10th, 2011, 9:45 pm #5

Hi again,
meant to write 34 000 (where I wrote 29 000 in my previous post). I think you got it is typo erro.

1. I read somewhere in this board that there is $300 given to out of city patient. Did you get that? Was it every cycle , or just the first cycle?

2. Does Dr. Stillman talk with you about the cost? Or he isn't in charge at all? Did he tell you the process like: you will get a doctor to monitor you, you will come this day,... like the process

Sorry for bothering you. I appreciate your help. Thanks

Julie
Julie

August 10th, 2011, 10:13 pm #6

M clinic here is in Newmarket. Northern reproductive therapies. Dr. Rachel foreman. I love her! Everyone there really. Your clinic here will write your scripts, get your ultra sounds and do your blood work. Just a heads up on dr. Stillman he likes to only do single emryo transfers, we had to push him to transfer 2! The phone consult is really just a history. He's not a warm and fuzzy character and he is a little arrogant, but he has every right to be! He is putting his $ where his mouth is!

Good luck!

ks
and agree that he is not a warm fuzzy -- but I agree with KS -- I think they get the job done at SG and that is what I wanted.

Bharani
Bharani

August 10th, 2011, 10:21 pm #7

Thanks

if you don't mind. I was told 34000 not 29000. I don't get it. Where do you live? Did you get those 300 refund thing if you are out of city patient? When was your cycle? Did you talk about the cost with him(Stillman) or other people? I don't get it, my dh lives virginia Washington DC area. But it bothers me when they have totally different in their website and now they are saying international patient .....Please share your history and how did you get accepted.
Sorry,

Julie
Julie

August 11th, 2011, 12:44 am #8

I paid 29K and live here in the DC area. I was not aware there was a different price for international vs. US. Who is your contact? I dealt with a woman named Tammy on the front end (I can't remember her last name). If there is a difference, I would say opt to go in as a US patient since your DH lives here -- do they know that? I have not seen 34,000 mentioned anywhere so that is a little confusing.

Bharani
Bharani

August 11th, 2011, 4:32 am #9

I don't like when people take advantage of other people. yes, we are in capitalist society but not like this. Their receptionist is also arrogant.
Thanks

August 11th, 2011, 2:04 pm #10

Just wanted to chime in. I am also a SG grad. While I am originally from that area, I now live out of town and cycled as an out of town patient (I still live in the US). I did receive the $300 out of area refund for the 2 fresh cycles I did there. They will reimburse you the $300 for the first cycle, if I recall correctly, right after the transfer. Just make sure you get them to authorize it from your RE. I always sent an email concerning it to the financial coordinator about it. That way I had it in writing. You cannot receive a $300 rebate for FETs. The next fresh cycle (which was successful), I had to wait until after live birth of my child. Then I emailed the financial coordinator again and they sent me another check for $300.

Also, concerning the quote of $34,000, have you spoken with the head of DE program. I think her name is Michelle. I will try to get her last name to you. She is really nice.

Good luck, hope you can get it down to $29,000.