It just doesn't get any better than this.

It just doesn't get any better than this.

April 29th, 2012, 2:26 pm #1

Feeding baby on my lap and listening/rocking to Frank (Sinatra) on a sunny Spring Sunday morning. Gazing into her gorgeous wide eyes. I'm so in love. Have a great day, All!

April 29th, 2012, 3:33 pm #2

Yea! How has the nursing/bottling worked out? I remember we were having similar challenges w/supply.

April 29th, 2012, 6:13 pm #3

Feeding baby on my lap and listening/rocking to Frank (Sinatra) on a sunny Spring Sunday morning. Gazing into her gorgeous wide eyes. I'm so in love. Have a great day, All!

Aren't we lucky to be living in this day and age? LOVED reading your post. Enjoy that baby.

April 29th, 2012, 9:34 pm #4

Yea! How has the nursing/bottling worked out? I remember we were having similar challenges w/supply.

Hi Jen.

My supply has continued to be low. I've been pumping 2 or 3 times/day to yield about 4-6 oz/daily. Pumping 7 or 8 times/days yielded the same amount. I nurse DD a few times/ day (maybe 3?). She gets some milk that way, but mainly, it calms and comforts her. DD will be 10 weeks tomorrow and I'm pumping and nursing less and less - and weaning her. I'll miss nursing, however little I nursed.

I tried everything and have it my best shot for 10 weeks.

How about you?

April 29th, 2012, 9:35 pm #5

I'm so glad you're happy...
Dreams do come true around here!!

April 29th, 2012, 11:49 pm #6

Enjoy the bliss... so happy for you.

xo
cat

April 30th, 2012, 1:33 am #7

lovely day!!!! I can feel your joy right thru the computer!!!

April 30th, 2012, 2:11 am #8

Hi Jen.

My supply has continued to be low. I've been pumping 2 or 3 times/day to yield about 4-6 oz/daily. Pumping 7 or 8 times/days yielded the same amount. I nurse DD a few times/ day (maybe 3?). She gets some milk that way, but mainly, it calms and comforts her. DD will be 10 weeks tomorrow and I'm pumping and nursing less and less - and weaning her. I'll miss nursing, however little I nursed.

I tried everything and have it my best shot for 10 weeks.

How about you?

Not to hijack your thread, but I'd just been thinking of you before I saw your post. DS is 5 months old now (3 months adjusted), and my supply was never abundant despite diligent pumping while he was in the NICU. Once we got home and he was latching better, I got into this pattern of nursing/bottling/pumping at most feeds, but have never gotten more than 8 oz/day, and now it's more like 5, which adds up to one of his bottles. Now that he's sleeping longer at night (yea!), I'm not getting up to pump at night--that just seems crazy. What makes me sad is that he's less enthusiastic about nursing now: I think it's a combination of my low supply (when he knows he's about to get a bottle anyway) and the fact that he's fascinated by everything around him. (It's hard enough to get him to focus on the bottle sometimes.)

All of which is to say that I feel that fairly soon I'll be giving up pumping, and the nursing won't last long after that. I need to work through some sadness about that, and I think it's bound up with mourning all the other things that didn't go as planned with his early arrival. On the other hand, he is at such a fun age now, squealing with delight when he "stands" on my lap (supported of course), and trying his best to roll over.

I'm glad you're enjoying this time with your little one! Isn't it amazing how fast the time goes?

April 30th, 2012, 2:30 am #9

Enjoy the moment. I hope she is cooing too.

April 30th, 2012, 3:25 am #10

nt