Is there a link anywhere on donor embryo?

Is there a link anywhere on donor embryo?

March 28th, 2011, 2:15 pm #1

Is there somewhere anyone who wants to donate their embryos can post. I've heard of some ladies referring to a link before and is it only within USA?

March 28th, 2011, 2:49 pm #2

Hi-
Are you looking to donate embryos? There is a donor embryo board (sorry can't remember the color), but it isn't very active. I am currently looking to adopt embryos. I can give you more information about different sites you could go to to donate your embryos if you were interested in picking the couple who adopts them or if you are looking for an open relationship. I will share what I know if you would like more information.
-J

March 28th, 2011, 2:54 pm #3

Is there somewhere anyone who wants to donate their embryos can post. I've heard of some ladies referring to a link before and is it only within USA?
As a recipient, some ads made me nervous I want to adopt embryos. I guess I preferred the anonymity of a clinic. One woman wanted to take family vacations together with her family--I would be very into having the kid meet any genetic relatives when they got older. But I'm just not that social that I want to take vacations with strangers and ads like this made me think some things could get awkward or weird.

As a donor, it is probably a good place because you can put conditions on like that if you want.

It just felt like, for me as recipient, I could get emotionally invested and the person could pull and out and my heart would broken and that's the thing that scares me about adoption.

I'll take any embryos by the way if they seem like they might make babies! Lol! No restrictions as to race/ethnicity and religious background!
Last edited by arive on March 28th, 2011, 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LizLA
LizLA

March 28th, 2011, 3:56 pm #4

GL

March 28th, 2011, 10:32 pm #5

As a recipient, some ads made me nervous I want to adopt embryos. I guess I preferred the anonymity of a clinic. One woman wanted to take family vacations together with her family--I would be very into having the kid meet any genetic relatives when they got older. But I'm just not that social that I want to take vacations with strangers and ads like this made me think some things could get awkward or weird.

As a donor, it is probably a good place because you can put conditions on like that if you want.

It just felt like, for me as recipient, I could get emotionally invested and the person could pull and out and my heart would broken and that's the thing that scares me about adoption.

I'll take any embryos by the way if they seem like they might make babies! Lol! No restrictions as to race/ethnicity and religious background!
You can spell out any relationship you want in the contract...You just need to find someone who is like minded. The recipient couple and I decided that we wanted any children to be able to meet but we didn't want to force a relationship. We discussed our wishes and put language in the contract that we both were comfortable with. Good Luck! Believe it or not, it's just as hard for the donating couple or woman to find recipients. It took me over 6 months.

E&H
E&H

March 28th, 2011, 10:33 pm #6

Does anyone know any different? I don't want to pay more storage and do not want to destroy,.

E&H
E&H

March 29th, 2011, 12:42 am #7

GL
I did a log in etc, but when I try and look at anyones post or try and post myself it says I'm not authorised to do so. I also went to Contact us and there is no email address or anything. Is there something wrong with the site or am I doing something wrong????

March 29th, 2011, 1:53 am #8

I think I feel a bit like you. My egg donor donated 3 x and as I was the coordinator of all the cycles I know everyone very well. The first recipient of the donor got pregnant and had a little girl (she got 8 frosties), I got pregnant and had twins (I have 8 frosties), the 3rd recipient got pg with twins (still pregnant and 8 frosties). So, as it happens when the 3rd recipient came to Malaysia for her cycle the first recipient was visiting me so we now all know each other. We just have an unwritten rule that these are our children and of course we can all stay in contact but none of us feel that our children are siblings. I don't mind that sort of relationship with the person who has my embryos but no more - I don't even want my children to know that they are related. I am not no tell but this is our private family, I'm not tell either just yet. One of my own rules in donating my embryos that the recipient is not living in Malaysia and is not British because those are the 2 places my children are likely to live or be brought up, donating them here is not easy and also most people doing IVF/DE IVF here or wanting Embryos to donate are Asian. I really don't want to pay for another years freezing as I know I definitely don't want them but I don't want them destroyed when they can help someone have a wonderful family.

March 29th, 2011, 7:28 am #9

You can spell out any relationship you want in the contract...You just need to find someone who is like minded. The recipient couple and I decided that we wanted any children to be able to meet but we didn't want to force a relationship. We discussed our wishes and put language in the contract that we both were comfortable with. Good Luck! Believe it or not, it's just as hard for the donating couple or woman to find recipients. It took me over 6 months.
I've spent this much already, what the heck.

Maybe something miraculous will occur!!!

LizLA
LizLA

March 29th, 2011, 4:45 pm #10

I did a log in etc, but when I try and look at anyones post or try and post myself it says I'm not authorised to do so. I also went to Contact us and there is no email address or anything. Is there something wrong with the site or am I doing something wrong????
searching the website.