Is the subject of more than 2 transferred ever broached?

Is the subject of more than 2 transferred ever broached?

February 15th, 2011, 12:25 am #1

I wanted to see if this was ever brought up. And if yes, do you think it was b/c of your age, your situation, etc.

Of note, I am not looking for like Octomom type answers, but more of the putting back 3.

February 15th, 2011, 12:42 am #2

Yes, our RE recommended transferring 3 embryos if all the embryos were of poor quality.

LizLA
LizLA

February 15th, 2011, 1:07 am #3

I wanted to see if this was ever brought up. And if yes, do you think it was b/c of your age, your situation, etc.

Of note, I am not looking for like Octomom type answers, but more of the putting back 3.
End up with one cutie...wish I tx 4:)

macphee
macphee

February 15th, 2011, 1:43 am #4

I had 4 transfered (BFN) For earlier transfers I kept asking for more but they wouldn't budge off 2.

H40+
H40+

February 15th, 2011, 1:44 am #5

I have heard about it being done once (with donor eggs, that is), with an acquaintance of mine. She had two prior failures with 2 different donors, so on the third try the doctor put back three. Of course, they all implanted and one split, so she was carrying quads and she had to do a reduction. After the reduction, she ended up having twins, but what an unexpected mess.

BlessedThistle
BlessedThistle

February 15th, 2011, 2:24 am #6

You could have knocked me over with a feather when it was twins!

February 15th, 2011, 2:30 am #7

I recently had an FET and they transferred three blasts that they did not think looked that great.  I thought they were transferring two and found out after the transfer was done that they put back three.  So far it is a BFP but I have not had an ultrasound so do not know if there is zero, one, two, three or more in there.  I would not have knowingly transferred three (unless the clinic had somehow convinced me that they were all highly unlikely to work) and am very worried. 

Pandora

February 15th, 2011, 3:00 am #8

I used frozen eggs which were thawed and fert and really wanted to put 3 back because I just had that feeling. Well, there I was on the table half naked wanting to put in 3 and the RE was insisting on 2 and the 4 other people in the room were just there listening and it was sort of uncomfortable to say the least. Well, I gave in and of course my beta was negative. I ended up doing a fet next and she put the remaining 3 back without arguement but another negative beta. I am in the middle of doing a fresh cycle now and have already let her know we want to put back three. She said we should both think about it.

Steph

dd 11/09 from frozen eggs
BFN 10/10
BFN 12/10
moving on to my first fresh cycle with dd donor in March 2011

February 15th, 2011, 3:14 am #9

based on history of patient etc. It worked out fine.

February 15th, 2011, 3:19 am #10

I had 3 frozens (3Day) from my previous fresh and FET which were both successful. All 3 made thaw and txed all 3. PG with 1 girl!