Is it too late at 46 and post menopausal?

Is it too late at 46 and post menopausal?

July 23rd, 2011, 1:00 am #1

I really don't know where to start. Is it too late for me. I am post-menopausal.

Any advice?

BlessedThistle
BlessedThistle

July 23rd, 2011, 2:12 am #2

All being postmenopausal means afaik is you don't have to deal with your natural cycle when coordinating a donor egg cycle. Many women here are postmenopausal and many are 46 or more. Have you consulted with an RE yet? I'd start by getting every possible bit of precycle testing done before spending $$$ on donor egg (or like I did, $ on donor embryo). Some big things to consider are...

1) donor egg vs donor embryo
2) local vs travel
3) in country vs out of country
4) work with agency or use a clinic with an in-house donor pool
5) do shared risk or one cycle at a time
6) do split cycles or only cycles where you get all the eggs
7) use fresh vs frozen eggs

I am sure there are more major decisions that will help you down the right path for you but these are the ones that popped into my head. Best of luck to you!

July 23rd, 2011, 2:12 am #3

I really don't know where to start. Is it too late for me. I am post-menopausal.

Any advice?
and loving it. With DE the dr.s manipulate you cycles, including menopausal women to make the uterus ready for embryo. I would do as much testing as you can (uterine environment, immune and hormonal levels, etc) before DE. DE is not a guarantee and doesn't always work on the first, second, third.....try, but there is a better chance of succeeding to be a mom.

I am 47 and pre menopausal, still trying for #1 and always visit these boards for inspiration.

Best of luck and many blessings

Ann
Last edited by willbamom on July 23rd, 2011, 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 23rd, 2011, 2:15 am #4

All being postmenopausal means afaik is you don't have to deal with your natural cycle when coordinating a donor egg cycle. Many women here are postmenopausal and many are 46 or more. Have you consulted with an RE yet? I'd start by getting every possible bit of precycle testing done before spending $$$ on donor egg (or like I did, $ on donor embryo). Some big things to consider are...

1) donor egg vs donor embryo
2) local vs travel
3) in country vs out of country
4) work with agency or use a clinic with an in-house donor pool
5) do shared risk or one cycle at a time
6) do split cycles or only cycles where you get all the eggs
7) use fresh vs frozen eggs

I am sure there are more major decisions that will help you down the right path for you but these are the ones that popped into my head. Best of luck to you!
have sperm checked. Many times sperm fragmentation occurs in men over 40 which can prevent fertilization, embryo's from developing normally, cause implantation failure and a few other things.

Ann

Kimz1
Kimz1

July 23rd, 2011, 3:40 am #5

Any advice?
My RE said DE could always be done.... Good luck!!Nt

July 23rd, 2011, 4:57 am #6

Any advice?
Good luck to you!

July 24th, 2011, 1:00 pm #7

Any advice?
visit the over 50 board for inspiration!! nt

July 25th, 2011, 5:11 am #8

Any advice?
Noooooooooo. Its not too late
You go for it
best wishes and good luck.
I was 46 when I got pg with my little laddie, THK

lovemydoggies (LMD)
lovemydoggies (LMD)

July 25th, 2011, 6:31 am #9

sorry i cant find the generic name for that drug for gerd the brand here in u.s. is prevacid and it works great. hope you're well! LMD xxx

July 25th, 2011, 2:52 pm #10

Any advice?
Unless you have other gyn issues that might have otherwise been a problem. They get women in their seventies in India pg w/DE, FWIW. Clinics in the U.S. typically cut off DE treatment at somewhere between 50 and 55. I had my twins at age 48 and was perimenopausal when I started ttc. Take care, Maggie (in VA)