intralipids

intralipids

September 11th, 2012, 7:55 pm #1

I have been offered to do this my next cycle. I don't know much about them. What kind of meds are in them? anyone have an opinion? successful or not?

jmassage
jmassage

September 12th, 2012, 12:05 am #2

It's just a combination of soybean oil and eggs and are pretty harmless from what I hear. I posted a similar question below. I'm gearing up for my first DE cycle next month and I'm doing them as well....just in case I have any NK cells.

Dee
Dee

September 12th, 2012, 1:44 am #3

I have been offered to do this my next cycle. I don't know much about them. What kind of meds are in them? anyone have an opinion? successful or not?
Mary, here a link to an article about intralipids. It looks very promising, so I am going to try to use them for my next cycle. There was a research group of 96 women, all who had failed 6 previous IVF cycles. After treatment with intralipids, 50% of the women in the group becames pregnant with their next IVF. Apparently you can also get good results by taking an Omega 3 supplement every day.

http://www.globalpharmasectornews.com/2 ... treatment/

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 12th, 2012, 3:12 am #4

I tried them for one transfer and did have a successful pregnancy.

I tried them again for two more transfers and got 2 BFNs.

I skipped them entirely for the next transfer and had a successful pregnancy.

My conclusion is they made no difference whatsoever in whether or not I got pregnant. It was all about having good embryos.

PS Before intralipids I had tried IVIg, BFN.

September 13th, 2012, 12:25 am #5

I used it for I can't count how many cycles. Usually started a couple weeks before, then the same day as the transfer and then once again during the 2 ww. For my current twin pregnancy, we continued with a schedule of periodic infusions through 12 weeks and then I graduated to my OB.

I have attributed this success primarily to a different "low-slow" progesterone protocol and secondarily to a great donor. But, not leaving anything to chance, and because there aren't any real risk or side effects to intralipids, I continued using them.

Also, Lovenox and baby aspirin has been a part of my protocols for a long time, including lots of past failures. Right now at 25 weeks I'm still on baby aspirin but not Lovenox.

Kim
Kim

September 14th, 2012, 7:25 pm #6

progester.one protocol. Can you elaborate on how this was done and with what and all types/forms of progesterone? Thanks! Congrats on your pregnancy!!!

September 15th, 2012, 12:58 am #7

After NUMEROUS failures with proven donors, I did a test called EFT which was developed by a doctor at Yale. I've posted about this before.

This web site has lots of good background information about the test:
http://info.med.yale.edu/obgyn/kliman/i ... lcome.html

Based on cellular abnormalities that were discovered from my biopsy, it was recommended to use progesterone that is delivered vaginally only, no PIO shots (a lovely bonus). Below is the protocol:

I started with 25 mg of progesterone vaginally the night before the donor's retreval.

Day of retrieval was 25 mg in the morning and at night.

Days 1 through 3 of fertilization was 25 mg twice per day.

Day 4 of fertilization was 50 mg twice per day.

Transfer day was 100 mg twice per day -- same dosage for the next 3 days.

Then 5 days post my day 5 transfer (or 10 DPO) the dose was increased to 200 mg twice per day and continued through my beta and also after my positive result.

The lower doses were progesterone in oil gel caps that needed to be refrigerated. The 100 and 200 mg doses were prometrium suppositories.

Two days after transfer my clinic always tests estrogen and progesterone levels. My P levels were a tiny bit low - they explained that vaginal delivery sometimes doesn't show up as strong in bloodwork as the shots do. However, just to be extra cautious, they decided it couldn't hurt to add Crinone to my daily route. After my 10 week ultrasound I stopped taking all progesterone.

Best of luck to you!

Kim
Kim

September 15th, 2012, 4:32 pm #8

Thank You!! nt

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 15th, 2012, 5:40 pm #9

After NUMEROUS failures with proven donors, I did a test called EFT which was developed by a doctor at Yale. I've posted about this before.

This web site has lots of good background information about the test:
http://info.med.yale.edu/obgyn/kliman/i ... lcome.html

Based on cellular abnormalities that were discovered from my biopsy, it was recommended to use progesterone that is delivered vaginally only, no PIO shots (a lovely bonus). Below is the protocol:

I started with 25 mg of progesterone vaginally the night before the donor's retreval.

Day of retrieval was 25 mg in the morning and at night.

Days 1 through 3 of fertilization was 25 mg twice per day.

Day 4 of fertilization was 50 mg twice per day.

Transfer day was 100 mg twice per day -- same dosage for the next 3 days.

Then 5 days post my day 5 transfer (or 10 DPO) the dose was increased to 200 mg twice per day and continued through my beta and also after my positive result.

The lower doses were progesterone in oil gel caps that needed to be refrigerated. The 100 and 200 mg doses were prometrium suppositories.

Two days after transfer my clinic always tests estrogen and progesterone levels. My P levels were a tiny bit low - they explained that vaginal delivery sometimes doesn't show up as strong in bloodwork as the shots do. However, just to be extra cautious, they decided it couldn't hurt to add Crinone to my daily route. After my 10 week ultrasound I stopped taking all progesterone.

Best of luck to you!
you started out with only 25 mg of progesterone? That doesn't sound like very much. I've always taken 200 mg twice a day, starting on the day of the donor's retrieval. Did they feel that you needed to gradually increase your progesterone to get your hormone levels working correctly?

Personally I am always concerned that the suppositories don't dissolve well enough after I insert them. They are inside some type of capsule. I've taken two different kinds, and one kind dissolves really fast and becomes almost liquid, and the other kind dissolves slowly and turns into a chalky substance.

Also how much did that endometrium test cost?

Dee
Dee

September 15th, 2012, 5:41 pm #10

n/t