Immune issues

Immune issues

Maggie
Maggie

September 12th, 2011, 2:01 am #1

Has anyone tested positive for a moderately elevates anti nuclear antibody level and had success without using immune treatments......just wondering, my RE believes I will be fine but it definitely leaves me stressed. I had anti thyroid, anti cardiolipin, and antiphospholipids checked along with a panel for lupus from a rhuematologist and so far all of that has come back normal.

September 12th, 2011, 4:11 am #2

was not successful until I added Lovenox and long term Prednisone.

September 12th, 2011, 8:51 am #3

Has anyone tested positive for a moderately elevates anti nuclear antibody level and had success without using immune treatments......just wondering, my RE believes I will be fine but it definitely leaves me stressed. I had anti thyroid, anti cardiolipin, and antiphospholipids checked along with a panel for lupus from a rhuematologist and so far all of that has come back normal.
Lovenox and prednisolone.

What are your TSH, T3 and T4 results as these are also important to rule out thyroid issues which may affect results?

Other clotting issues? Factor V Leiden, MTHFR, prothrombin gm etc.?

I would consider addition of Clexane and steroids. Sorry not sure what you fertility history is?

Best,
Daisy
xx

September 12th, 2011, 10:39 am #4

was not successful until I added Lovenox and long term Prednisone.
Did you end up taking Lovenox again on your last FET? I'm same as you; not any real issues diagnosed other than one mutation for MTHFR; however was only successful after adding Lovenox. Wondering if/when we cycle again, should I still add Lovenox?
BTW; if I decide ton cycle it will be by inspiration from you and Hope; one thing holding me back right now is my age which is really freaking me out, but seeing you two do it and do it so happily makes me feel more positive about it, too!
Big thanks & all the best,

zane

Maggie
Maggie

September 12th, 2011, 12:34 pm #5

Lovenox and prednisolone.

What are your TSH, T3 and T4 results as these are also important to rule out thyroid issues which may affect results?

Other clotting issues? Factor V Leiden, MTHFR, prothrombin gm etc.?

I would consider addition of Clexane and steroids. Sorry not sure what you fertility history is?

Best,
Daisy
xx
Well this is the first time I have ever been tested for ANA so I'm not sure if I have a history with it. 4 years ago I had a pregnancy thatbended in miscarriage and then 6 months later I got pregnant using clomid that ended in a healthy baby. Since then I have been diagnosed with diminished reserve and tried IVF multiple times but I dot stimulate well and what I do produce is very poor quality. My RE says this Ana thing is no big deal but I possibly only get one shot at this so I need to be sure we are doing things right. He said they would add the blood thinners, but my results for clotting issues came back normal.

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 12th, 2011, 12:48 pm #6

They have me taking methylprednisolone 16mg for five days and baby aspirin, will that help?

September 12th, 2011, 12:53 pm #7

Well this is the first time I have ever been tested for ANA so I'm not sure if I have a history with it. 4 years ago I had a pregnancy thatbended in miscarriage and then 6 months later I got pregnant using clomid that ended in a healthy baby. Since then I have been diagnosed with diminished reserve and tried IVF multiple times but I dot stimulate well and what I do produce is very poor quality. My RE says this Ana thing is no big deal but I possibly only get one shot at this so I need to be sure we are doing things right. He said they would add the blood thinners, but my results for clotting issues came back normal.
have been successful with Lovenox means you MUST take it on your next cycle without hesitation (starting day 1 of cycle preferably).

I would also make sure you up your folic acid and b vits and take Folgard 2.2. daily starting now if you can.

Regarding the ANAs, it is a tough call. Results can fluctuate and there may be underlying causes for higher ANAs. Is your thyroid ok (what is TSH?).

I would definitely add Lovenox, but you may need to think about possibility of a steroid as well for a belt and braces approach.

Perhaps get more clarification of the implacations of your ANA result...?

Best,
Daisy
xx

September 12th, 2011, 2:44 pm #8

Did you end up taking Lovenox again on your last FET? I'm same as you; not any real issues diagnosed other than one mutation for MTHFR; however was only successful after adding Lovenox. Wondering if/when we cycle again, should I still add Lovenox?
BTW; if I decide ton cycle it will be by inspiration from you and Hope; one thing holding me back right now is my age which is really freaking me out, but seeing you two do it and do it so happily makes me feel more positive about it, too!
Big thanks & all the best,

zane
it, but had already decided if the clinic did not approve, I would get it from another source. Thankfully they agreed. There was not reason to change something that I had been successful with. One time, when the head RE did not want me to do it, I asked if she would personally take responsibility if I was not successful and give me a free cycle. She was not willing to take that responsibility and gave me the script.

September 12th, 2011, 3:23 pm #9

I have some clotting disorder, hashimotos, and so many OE, DE failures, new RE wants us to do it. It will only cost about $800 total (and only $400 if we do not get a positive pregnancy, you do the second round after pregnancy is established).

September 12th, 2011, 3:24 pm #10

nt