If you have been diagnosed with a auto-immune ...

If you have been diagnosed with a auto-immune ...

September 22nd, 2010, 12:56 pm #1

disease how is it treated? especially before cycling! I am about to go through a bunch of immune testing But my regular Dr. told me awhile ago that I had psoratic arthritis (sorry sp.) I really didn't take it too serious But now I am starting to read about immune disorders and I really should be taking this serious especially before cycling again. I always have stiffness, pain & inflammation in my joints I knew something was wrong but just went along living me life ignoring it.

If anyone has any advice & info. on auto-immune disease/disorders and what should be my next steps before cycling again, I would really appreciate it!

Thank you so much!

September 23rd, 2010, 1:47 am #2

and also psoriatic arthritis, at least that was what I was told 3 years ago. I treated with Humira and methodrexate 3 years ago. Today, nothing.

SO, my autoimmune RE had me do some Humira shots for a total of 4 weeks. Then I will do IVIG, prednisone, BA, Lovenox and the usual estrogen/progesterone. Oh also Folgard.

You might want to review your results with an RE that believes that immune issues can affect IF. SHER is one. Depending where you live, others on the board might know of drs.

BLessings

ANn

Ariadne
Ariadne

September 23rd, 2010, 2:51 am #3

disease how is it treated? especially before cycling! I am about to go through a bunch of immune testing But my regular Dr. told me awhile ago that I had psoratic arthritis (sorry sp.) I really didn't take it too serious But now I am starting to read about immune disorders and I really should be taking this serious especially before cycling again. I always have stiffness, pain & inflammation in my joints I knew something was wrong but just went along living me life ignoring it.

If anyone has any advice & info. on auto-immune disease/disorders and what should be my next steps before cycling again, I would really appreciate it!

Thank you so much!
It really depends on what they test you for & what the results are.

Having an autoimmune disease doesn't mean you will have trouble getting or staying pg. & not having a diagnosed autoimmune disease doesn't mean you won't have trouble getting or staying pg. If only it were that clear & easy!

I think it's a good thing that you are looking into this. The answer will depend on your test results, though.

In my case, I have some thyroid issues, but those weren't diagnosed until I started looking for answers for my DE failures. I also have some clotting mutations. Treating those alone (thyroid, clotting mutations) didn't help me, but eventually adding IVIG for high NK activity seems to have been the answer.

ttc
ttc

September 24th, 2010, 6:29 pm #4

Thank you so much!
read past posts, maybe plug Immune issues into the Search box, and also talk with one of the good doc's who handle these issues. The docs may have changed since I did this kind of testing. My original testing was with Dr. Sher and Dr. Beers/Dr. KwaKam. I believe, sadly, Dr. Beers passed away several years ago.

For me I had thyroid issues, I am on Synthroid. I had repeat m/c, and Homozygous for MTHFR, so I am on Baby Asprin, Folgard, and Heparin. I have high Killer cells and Dr. Sher told me I would never hold a baby in my arms if I did not do IVIG. I just was adamant, for me, that was where I drew the line. I was not doing it. It has helped many, this was just how I felt after already putting so many diff things in my body. For me, the Heparin and Baby Asprin seemed to do the trick. I implemented those too when I went to DE, so who really knows if the issues were cleared up or if DE is what did the trick.

Again, no clear cut answers. Unfortunately, some of it is trial and error. But I would suggest you find out what all you can be/need to be tested for and test. It will give you peace of mind to know you left no stone unturned. Definitely, now, see if you have any thyroid issues. You will want that under control in order to get and stay pregnant.

All the best,
ttc