If you don't mind sharing, how old was your donnor and how many eggs did she produce

If you don't mind sharing, how old was your donnor and how many eggs did she produce

February 21st, 2011, 10:56 pm #1

Because I think of things way too much, I am trying to either prove my crazy theories in my head or dispel them. So if you don't mind, how old was your donor and how many eggs did she produce.

thanks in advance

February 21st, 2011, 11:00 pm #2

Sorry, having a blonde moment and didn't spell check..ugh.

rugie
rugie

February 22nd, 2011, 1:17 am #3

Because I think of things way too much, I am trying to either prove my crazy theories in my head or dispel them. So if you don't mind, how old was your donor and how many eggs did she produce.

thanks in advance
31, proven. She produced 12 eggs, 10 fertilized. Put 1 blast in, froze 4 blasts. I am 30 weeks pregnant.

February 22nd, 2011, 1:19 am #4

thanks in advance
So, unless you know the protocol, there isn't any point in comparing these kinds of stats. (In SA, where they don't try for lots of eggs, believing in quality not quantity, my 20-year-old donor produced 8 eggs... which is average... I transferred two great, and one less than great, day-3 embryos and got pregnant with a singleton.)

Maya

February 22nd, 2011, 1:33 am #5

thanks in advance
Donor was 22 y/o, this was her second donation with her first resulting in a live birth and frozen embies.

For my cycle: 13 eggs retrieved, 12 mature, 11 fertilized with two grade one blasts transfered (twins) and six, 6 day blasts on ice. So a good amount (not too high or low) with good fert rates too.

ALM
ALM

February 22nd, 2011, 1:44 am #6

thanks in advance
The donor is 30 and has 3 children of her own. She has already done 2 cycles

#1 - 11 eggs, 10 fertilized
#2 - 22 eggs, 21 fertilized

<i></i> All of the recipients had a positive pg. Not sure if it was 2, 3, or 4 recipients b/c I'm not the one who cycled. I'm doing a shared cycle beg late March w/bcp's....it will be her 4th cycle, she starts cycle #3 on 2/25 (meds).

Hope2009
Hope2009

February 22nd, 2011, 2:34 am #7

thanks in advance
and she produced 19 eggs, of which 16 or 90% percent fertilized.|(DH was taking a bunch of antioxidents and was staying away from caffeine, alcohol, was really healthy) She ended up going in the hospital on the verge of contracted Ohss.

We had 13 blasts from that cycle.

1st fresh cycle transferred 2 perfect hatching and almost hatching blasts . ended in chem m/c.

1st FET cycle 3 thawed, 3 transferred ended in singleton pgcy with our DS

2nd FET cycle 3 thawed, 3 transferred, achieved twin pg ...currently 24 wks pg with twin DD's.

I was hesitant to go with an unproven donor but with our clinic we had to find our own donor and this was the woman who was most like me...and we just clicked.

We still have 2 blasts in the freezer.

Blessings from Hope

February 22nd, 2011, 2:40 am #8

thanks in advance
She'd made 42 for the mommy prior to me! This was though an egg vitrification trial and did not lead to success for me.

Gigigirltx
Gigigirltx

February 22nd, 2011, 3:35 am #9

thanks in advance
.nt

Ariadne
Ariadne

February 22nd, 2011, 5:30 am #10

thanks in advance
Donor #1 - proven, age 26, 22 eggs, BFN. I can no longer recall, but we had 16 or 17 embryos, I think, & then things headed south, so much so that we got a call on day 3 to get to the clinic for transfer.

Donor #2 - unproven, age 22, 10 eggs the 1st time & 8 embryos (live birth); 6 eggs the 2nd time at age 24 & 6 embryos (live birth)

The donor with whom we had success produced a low egg yield, but the quality was excellent both times. With donor #1, we transferred 3 mediocre embryos on day 3 & had 1 blast frozen, despite starting out with 16 or 17 embryos & no male factor issues.

I think you're just dipping your toes in now? If so, you want to find out the egg to embryo ratio if possible. Sometimes a high egg yield does not result in a lot of embryos, but a lower yield can result in very little attrition. It just depends.