If I was to POAS before beta, what brand is suggested

If I was to POAS before beta, what brand is suggested

April 27th, 2011, 10:28 pm #1

Currently the voices in my head are battling whether I will succumb and POAS. I break, what brand should I choose? I have a cheapy dollar one sitting in my cabinet. However, I don't have much faith in those as it never even registered my real preg back in the day.

Rather than think of how many days past beta, all I can do is say T minus from my beta check.

ks
ks

April 27th, 2011, 10:58 pm #2

That was my go to, and then when I had a clear + I flipped to the digital. LOL! Good Luck!

All my best to you!

ks

SamanthaL
SamanthaL

April 27th, 2011, 10:58 pm #3

Currently the voices in my head are battling whether I will succumb and POAS. I break, what brand should I choose? I have a cheapy dollar one sitting in my cabinet. However, I don't have much faith in those as it never even registered my real preg back in the day.

Rather than think of how many days past beta, all I can do is say T minus from my beta check.
This is what I would use
http://www.firstresponse.com/early-pregnancy-test.asp

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

April 27th, 2011, 11:37 pm #4

Box says it can detect six days before missed period (so I guess that means about 8DPO. I did it one day before beta and got clear positive. The other thing is it only takes three minutes to get results. However it took me 10 minutes to get up the courage to look at it b/c I was so afraid of a BFN. GL!

April 28th, 2011, 3:41 am #5

but I'd only do Clearblue for digi, not FR (I experienced the joy of YES+ followed by NO- the next day and was expecting twins, as it turned out. So I don't think much of them. My first + was actually on the || CVS brand (I think Target's is like it too) after peeing on what felt like a million FRERs.

Last edited by Blessed_Thistle on April 28th, 2011, 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brenda
Brenda

April 28th, 2011, 2:14 pm #6

My ivf nurse told me that your beta has to measure 20 or more to get a Positive result!

April 28th, 2011, 3:00 pm #7

http://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/hpt.html

April 28th, 2011, 3:04 pm #8

but I'd only do Clearblue for digi, not FR (I experienced the joy of YES+ followed by NO- the next day and was expecting twins, as it turned out. So I don't think much of them. My first + was actually on the || CVS brand (I think Target's is like it too) after peeing on what felt like a million FRERs.
What I was looking for was the most idiot-proof one, as I am just not operating that well first thing in the morning, and that's what I got from ClearBlue. I definitely don't need to be looking for lines and making judgments about how faint or strong lines are. Just gimme yes or no, thank you, till I can get the lab to give me the final word. Maggie (in VA)

Kacee
Kacee

April 28th, 2011, 3:40 pm #9

Got a positive at 4dp5dt.

Anon
Anon

April 30th, 2011, 3:29 am #10

FRER picked hcg up at 5.8 then at 10.1, I went in for betas an hour after taking test! Nt