I start to prepare for cycling and find out I may need brain surgery

I start to prepare for cycling and find out I may need brain surgery

April 14th, 2012, 11:47 am #1

this is not a joke. It is a long story. I fell, had to get CAT Scan, and they found (unrelated to fall) I have a Colloid Cyst in third ventricle.
Surgery is usually recommended. As in brain surgery.
This, of course means, my cycle set for May may be off.

At this point i am going to continue to start meds because can't even make appt with neurology till Monday.

I am numb with undertones of depression. I was SO set to go as you all know. We have our tickets our hotel
we would have NEVER known this but for that stupid fall.

April 14th, 2012, 12:44 pm #2

I know that it's scary to contemplate (and disappointing that the cycle may be put off), but it's fortuitous that it was caught! I don't know where you are being treated, but I know that Duke medical has an excellent reputation with brain surgery. Huge Hugs!

April 14th, 2012, 12:45 pm #3

this is not a joke. It is a long story. I fell, had to get CAT Scan, and they found (unrelated to fall) I have a Colloid Cyst in third ventricle.

At this point i am going to continue to start meds because can't even make appt with neurology till Monday.

I am numb with undertones of depression. I was SO set to go as you all know. We have our tickets our hotel
How very frightening, how lucky, how unlucky! I do not know what to say. I think I'm mostly grateful that you fell, because It would have been horrible to have found out you needed this after cycling.

Sweet Birdy. Please keep us posted. I can imagine you are numb with shock. No one expects something like this. You do everything you need to do to get your health in order first. Then you can think about cycling.

Hugs.

April 14th, 2012, 1:16 pm #4

I don't have much time but wanted to tell you how sorry I am that this has happened. Please keep us informed.

April 14th, 2012, 1:34 pm #5

I know that it's scary to contemplate (and disappointing that the cycle may be put off), but it's fortuitous that it was caught! I don't know where you are being treated, but I know that Duke medical has an excellent reputation with brain surgery. Huge Hugs!
yes the ER referred me to Duke for neurology. xo

April 14th, 2012, 1:36 pm #6

Sorry to read this but glad they found it now. I am sure you have informed yourself about the cyst by now. A pregnancy may have complicated this and surgery is really the only way to treat.
Duke is amazing for brain surgery and you will be in good hands.
Let us know how you are doing.

April 14th, 2012, 1:43 pm #7

I am so sorry you may have to delay your cycle, but glad to hear this was caught.
I recently had a situation that sent me for MRI and CAT scan. It is not an easy facing these issues, but you sound like you will be in competent hands at Duke if it comes to surgery.
I wish you the best.

April 14th, 2012, 2:20 pm #8

I am so so sorry you are having to go through such a harrowing ordeal.

Are you taking meds in anticipation of a retrieval and a frozen cycle? If you want to hear FET success stories, I am one.

I hardly know what to say. Just keep hanging in there as you always do!

xoxov

April 14th, 2012, 2:41 pm #9

I have been doing some research and it looks like there is a good chance that they can do it endoscopically and you would be home in one to two days. I am not sure what medications you are starting, but honestly, I don't think I would start anything with the cycle until you see the neurologist.

The cyst can be very serious and even result in sudden death. I only say this so that you take your health first. I don't want anything to happen to you. I have read that this condition can also cause depression.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Hugs to you my friend.
Last edited by Kacee56 on April 14th, 2012, 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 14th, 2012, 2:46 pm #10

so I may have to go to ER again, this time, straight to Duke because I am planning hook in with them anyway.
right now we are reeling from the news. It's interesting that is can cause Depression. Before or after Diagnosis ha ha ha.
Did you all know we found out that my Husbands Depression was metobolic, I mean probably not all, but his testosterone is off. So in three weeks both of us are finding what could be physical reasons for alot of our moods.

In a way that is a blessing.

xo,
me