I locked the thread below

I locked the thread below

November 12th, 2010, 12:48 am #1

Kenny hasn't even been gone one day and a thread starts that gets nasty. I didn't want to bother her on her much needed/deserved break so I locked the thread so she wouldn't have to deal with it.

Okay, a few things --

1. To the anon who signed in under a few names -- we can tell by the IP addresses. Not cool and not allowed. Please don't do it again and don't respond to your own posts with different names.

2. To those who resorted to name calling -- don't.

3. For those who are judging others on this board and their decisions -- DON"T.

There are ways of having a healthy discussion on something without passing judgments and this thread clearly took a wrong turn.

We're here for the same thing and for the same reasons. Why we need to go in this direction may differ (age, POS, illness, etc.) but we certainly don't venture into who deserves it, who has a right to it, etc. This isn't the place. It's a place for support, sisterhood, celebrations and (unfortunately) tears. But not tears we bring on each other.

Thanks ladies.

November 12th, 2010, 12:59 am #2

I agree that it's futile to tear down others suffering from the same issues, especially where there should be support. Thank you for your reasoned and thoughtful reminder.

Anonymous
Anonymous

November 12th, 2010, 1:07 am #3

Kenny hasn't even been gone one day and a thread starts that gets nasty. I didn't want to bother her on her much needed/deserved break so I locked the thread so she wouldn't have to deal with it.

Okay, a few things --

1. To the anon who signed in under a few names -- we can tell by the IP addresses. Not cool and not allowed. Please don't do it again and don't respond to your own posts with different names.

There are ways of having a healthy discussion on something without passing judgments and this thread clearly took a wrong turn.

We're here for the same thing and for the same reasons. Why we need to go in this direction may differ (age, POS, illness, etc.) but we certainly don't venture into who deserves it, who has a right to it, etc. This isn't the place. It's a place for support, sisterhood, celebrations and (unfortunately) tears. But not tears we bring on each other.

Thanks ladies.
I posted anon ,and at no time did I post under different names or respond to my own messages. Thank you for locking the thread!

November 12th, 2010, 1:11 am #4

n/t

November 12th, 2010, 1:12 am #5

Okay, a few things --

Thanks ladies.
This was not going in that direction, sadly. Thanks GIMB. I do hope the thread stays up though- because I think there are some well-made points for people to consider.

Anonymous
Anonymous

November 12th, 2010, 1:12 am #6

n/t
Sorry, I did once, that is my log in name!

Vianna
Vianna

November 12th, 2010, 5:12 am #7

This was not going in that direction, sadly. Thanks GIMB. I do hope the thread stays up though- because I think there are some well-made points for people to consider.
Your intelligence, maturity, and most of all GRACE shines through in your posts. Grace is quite the underrated quality oftentimes, and it's something one often gains more of as they age (and is one of the many characteristics one will likely be blessed with if one is raised by an older mom).

Moderator, please feel free to delete this post if you think it's inappropriate. This is an issue close to my heart, as it took me 18 years to finally become a mom after my first mc, but I don't wish to offend.

November 12th, 2010, 12:55 pm #8

Okay, a few things --

Thanks ladies.
I appreciate you locking this thread. It really wasn't going in the right direction. Sad. Thanks for keeping the peace!

ks

November 12th, 2010, 2:24 pm #9

Okay, a few things --

Thanks ladies.
I was horrified to read the way the thread was going. I posted it in hopes of inspiring others. Thanks for locking it.

Blessings

Ann