I have a friend in the LA area who is starting this journey... any RE recommendations?

I have a friend in the LA area who is starting this journey... any RE recommendations?

March 8th, 2011, 2:06 am #1

I'm on the east coast, so I have no advice for her on this, but I want her journey to go as quickly and smoothly as possible (as she's already 50 and just beginning, after wasting several years trying to foster/adopt)...

So who knows a really good, really trustworthy RE in the LA area (my friend lives in Irvine, btw)?

~Maya

LizLA
LizLA

March 8th, 2011, 2:17 am #2

GL to your friend.

March 8th, 2011, 2:20 am #3

I don't recognize most of the clinics people talk about here, as I cycled overseas! Thanks,

Maya

March 8th, 2011, 2:23 am #4

I'm on the east coast, so I have no advice for her on this, but I want her journey to go as quickly and smoothly as possible (as she's already 50 and just beginning, after wasting several years trying to foster/adopt)...

So who knows a really good, really trustworthy RE in the LA area (my friend lives in Irvine, btw)?

~Maya
Make sure they don't have an age cutoff so she gives herself a year or 3 for it to work, and then to go back for frozens if needed. I don't know what the usual cutoff is at most US clinics.

LizLA
LizLA

March 8th, 2011, 4:30 am #5

I don't recognize most of the clinics people talk about here, as I cycled overseas! Thanks,

Maya
San Diego Fertility Center:)

March 8th, 2011, 4:54 am #6

Make sure they don't have an age cutoff so she gives herself a year or 3 for it to work, and then to go back for frozens if needed. I don't know what the usual cutoff is at most US clinics.
My clinic (not in CA) does have a 50yo age cut off. They want at least one parent to be 50 or younger. It is just there personal stance, cut off. They have no desire to beat the record of getting the oldest woman pregnant, etc. As I near 50, this sure is adding a lot of pressure, but that is there position. Personally, I wish their age cut off was a bit higher, but maybe that will change.

March 8th, 2011, 6:41 am #7

~Maya
I would talk to Reproductive Partners, Southern Ca Repro (Dr. Danzer, I think?), Dr. Kumar at Surgical, and Huntington in LA. If she is open to Orange County, Dr. Acacio.

Not sure about going to San Diego (SDFC) and I am not a fan of SDFC. If she actually wanted to go all the way down to San Diego, I would recommend she go to Repro Partners. These recs for LA I am making are through family or friends.

Good luck to your friend!

Last edited by minniet on March 8th, 2011, 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

March 8th, 2011, 3:27 pm #8

...when there are reputable people much closer to where she lives (Orange County). Thanks!

Maya

March 8th, 2011, 3:29 pm #9

San Diego Fertility Center:)
great reputation one of the very best.

LizLA
LizLA

March 8th, 2011, 4:47 pm #10

...when there are reputable people much closer to where she lives (Orange County). Thanks!

Maya
BTW Orange County is between LA and SD. nt