I can't believe that for a moment

I can't believe that for a moment

Anonymous
Anonymous

February 23rd, 2011, 7:25 pm #1

I was jealous of my husband. The doc's office called to say that his semen analysis was all normal and although I was very happy, for a second i thought: SOB why can't I get news like this about me?

I can't believe I thought that .

New2011
New2011

February 23rd, 2011, 8:02 pm #2

For a split of a second I felt the same way when I heard the "all is excellent" news for his sample analysis.

Yea IF can do that to us

February 23rd, 2011, 8:28 pm #3

I was jealous of my husband. The doc's office called to say that his semen analysis was all normal and although I was very happy, for a second i thought: SOB why can't I get news like this about me?

When I was doing OE IVF for years in the past, and each time DH had to be tested and results were "all ok, no issues" I kept thinking 'Yeah, lets just underline YET AGAIN the fact that I'm the one with the problem here' (having high fsh). And immediately in my own mind I then thought how unfair it was that it may be so and he can sit there so smugly, because it was HE who delayed everything for 8yrs by not getting married sooner (I was a traditionalist way back then, but now I am older and wiser and realise that I shouldn't have waited).

In the end we got really lucky and conceived our DS whilst waiting our final IVF attempt. Don't get me wrong I love DS to bits, but he is a mini DH in every way, doesn't look one bit like me at all. As I prepare to embark on our first DE cycle, I sometimes feel jealous that again DH wins out and any child we may be lucky enough to have through DE will have a 50% chance of looking like him, whereas for me .....?

I think it's perfectly natural to feel jealous briefly, so long as it doesn't linger. I love DH and my fleeting jealous moments I realise is just me being selfish. I's just that way it is with me though.

February 23rd, 2011, 9:56 pm #4

I remember years before I started ttc, I was at a Bible study where the scripture touched on a figure who couldn't conceive and the anguish it causes her, and the minister said, "Well, I've counseled a number of infertile couples, and I know one thing: [with irony] it's always the woman's fault!" Maggie (in VA)

Orchid
Orchid

February 24th, 2011, 4:40 am #5

And yes it SUCKS that my eggs were not similarly superhuman.

But I guess...considering the alternative...Still, I understand.

I'm pretty jealous he doesn't have to take all these crazy meds too.

Dee
Dee

March 2nd, 2011, 1:49 am #6

I'd give anything to get the news that my DH sperm count/quality is normal. Its been a double whammy for us. We are both very infertile. At one time we had to consider DS as well as DE.