How many of you had your baby early?

How many of you had your baby early?

May 22nd, 2012, 10:48 am #1

and how early? Just curious. Its getting close now and I am so anxious about this.

May 22nd, 2012, 11:54 am #2

it was a planned delivery because of complications with the weight growth of the baby. Delivered at 36 weeks..baby weighed 4 pounds. She was healthy with no issues but did stay in the NICU for two weeks for observation and monitored weight gain.
It's normal to be nervous about this but if all is going well for you up to this point, I would try to focus on other things. Good luck to you.

May 22nd, 2012, 12:26 pm #3

and how early? Just curious. Its getting close now and I am so anxious about this.
nt

May 22nd, 2012, 12:47 pm #4

It's hard to remember exactly, but in the end I was induced b/c of low amniotic fluid level and was already over 40 weeks.

I do remember being anxious and, at 37 weeks, I was ready for the baby already! It's an exciting time!

May 22nd, 2012, 1:30 pm #5

Not too shabby. No NICU time, but did have to have a c-section. Maggie (in VA)

May 22nd, 2012, 1:43 pm #6

n/t

May 22nd, 2012, 3:16 pm #7

I understand your anxiety. I was terrified of preterm labor because of the experiences of Kacee and others. My water broke at 31w3d and I was in the hospital for another 3 days before he came. In addition to magnesium and one other drug to try to stop labor, they gave me 2 steroid shots to help develop the baby's lungs, and I credit that for his breathing on his own when he was born. That was nearly 6 months ago. He was 4 lbs 1 oz and is now close to 15 lbs and very healthy!

I don't recall how far along you are, and obviously later is better, but there is so much they can do for preemies now. We saw much smaller and earlier babies in the NICU that did OK. That's not to say it wasn't stressful for us, but as one person said to me, "think of it as extra time you get to spend with him."

I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly and that your baby is born at the right time for him/her.

Last edited by jentenn on May 22nd, 2012, 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 22nd, 2012, 3:38 pm #8

Oh boy I know the EARLY baby story. I think all my kids just didn't want to share their bdays with Jesus and Santa. Twins were very early in October both weighing under 2#. Camelikely because my son has a syndrome and had a medical issue, preterm probably saved him. Spent 3 and 4 months in the NICU.

My son two years later came 4 weeks early after my water broke at exactly midnight, 2 hours later he was here and just fine at 5 1/2#. One night observing his breathing in nursery and then in my room and went home with me. I am only 4'8" (and shrinking) and under 100# so a lil baby is like a lot of baby on me!

Enjoy the last moments of that lil one inside!

May 22nd, 2012, 3:52 pm #9

due to pre-eclampsia... How far along are you? They told me any time after 32wks = fewer problems... We were blessed that ds only had to get bigger in the NICU... no problems! Take it easy and rest!

May 22nd, 2012, 5:10 pm #10

Not too shabby. No NICU time, but did have to have a c-section. Maggie (in VA)
n/t