How many days/ weeks pg am I?

How many days/ weeks pg am I?

Anon7
Anon7

July 11th, 2011, 1:18 am #1

Good Evening Ladies,

Today I am 15dp5dt. Am I nearly 3 weeks pg or do I backdate to 2 weeks prior (as they say to start counting from the last day of period). Am I nearly 5 weeks pg, or 3 weeks?

2nd beta is tomorrow. I guess 1st u/s will be next week. I guess I'll ask tomorrow.....

Kacee
Kacee

July 11th, 2011, 3:02 am #2

Nt

July 11th, 2011, 10:13 am #3

Good Evening Ladies,

Today I am 15dp5dt. Am I nearly 3 weeks pg or do I backdate to 2 weeks prior (as they say to start counting from the last day of period). Am I nearly 5 weeks pg, or 3 weeks?

2nd beta is tomorrow. I guess 1st u/s will be next week. I guess I'll ask tomorrow.....
another way to look at it: you were 2 weeks pregnant on day of retrieval. i know that sounds weird, but that's how it's counted, it goes by when the egg started its journey. so, say your retrieval was on a monday. that's 2 weeks and then every monday after that is another week. make sense?

July 11th, 2011, 10:15 am #4

...since it was a DE cycle. the OB's first question is always "when was your last period?" generally, if you are revealing that you did IVF, they will then ask the retrieval date in order to figure out how far along you are and due date.

July 11th, 2011, 5:26 pm #5

What do people who are from the "no tell" camp tell their OB (and every nurse and tech with whom they will interact throughout the process when the question comes up...1 million times? "What is the date of your last period?" If my response is that we did IVF, how do I get away from responses that would reveal that we used DE? (Of course, 1st things 1st...we need to get a BFP, so these concerns are not immediate :0)

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 11th, 2011, 5:54 pm #6

Just say date of last period was two weeks before transfer date so if Transfer was the fifteen of the month say last period was first of the month.

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 11th, 2011, 6:17 pm #7

therefore 2 weeks before "O", your period started.

July 11th, 2011, 8:04 pm #8

Good Evening Ladies,

just make your last period two weeks before retrieval.

Anon7
Anon7

July 12th, 2011, 1:01 am #9

What do people who are from the "no tell" camp tell their OB (and every nurse and tech with whom they will interact throughout the process when the question comes up...1 million times? "What is the date of your last period?" If my response is that we did IVF, how do I get away from responses that would reveal that we used DE? (Of course, 1st things 1st...we need to get a BFP, so these concerns are not immediate :0)
I'm to stay with mine for the first 10 weeks, so at least another month or so. If you do that, you won't have to answer these ?'s! I'm not sure if it's a possibility. Also, why not just backdate 14/15 days? Good Luck!!

July 12th, 2011, 1:22 am #10

therefore 2 weeks before "O", your period started.
one thing that I worry about is that when you tell 1 untruth, you have to keep up with them. Honestly, I don't think I know enough about IVF to be able to keep my stories straight and not sound like I'm full of baloney. My OB-GYN's office knew that I was having trouble getting pregnant, and they referred me to a fertility clinic.

Even if I went with another office, I just wonder about those tell tale signs that people talk about that would let others know that we had used DE instead of OE.

Would it sound totally crazy to say that my period has been irregular, and that I don't know when my last period was? Okay...that sounds crazy even to me. How could they then give me good advice as to whether the pregnancy was progressing the way that it should be.

Maybe no one would be that interested (once we got pregnant) to think about how we got pregnant, but I guess, these are the things that occupy the mind during the 2ww. YAY...