How many days did your bleeding last?

How many days did your bleeding last?

October 10th, 2011, 1:49 pm #1

Hi girls. Bleeding is definitely less. But still there. Yesterday took it real easy blood subsided then this morning there was some ( not heavy but bright red) when using the restroom. But still hardly anything on the pad.

Bleeding started last Friday. Thank you

Calm
Calm

October 10th, 2011, 3:00 pm #2

It turned brown for awhile then disappeared. Then came back, albeit lighter. RE said to expect that...still no fun seeing it over and over again! Mine seems to have subsided now - but have read of others who had it non-stop....

October 10th, 2011, 4:57 pm #3

Hi girls. Bleeding is definitely less. But still there. Yesterday took it real easy blood subsided then this morning there was some ( not heavy but bright red) when using the restroom. But still hardly anything on the pad.

from about week 6-8, then a bit more in week 10 if I recall. It was never heavy, but was bright red a couple of times. They never put me on bed rest and never saw a reason for the bleed. The RE said I seemed to have an "irritated cervix." One thing she said was that after an episode of bright red, I could expect DAYS of brown as the old blood worked its way out. That was reassuring to me.

October 11th, 2011, 5:35 am #4

The first lasted about 5 hours and tapered off. It was bright red and had flowed into my underwear (since I wasn't expecting any bleeding), but never too much on a pad.

2 days later, there was a gush in the toilet (TMI, I know...sorry). Again bright red, and it lingered when I wiped for much of the day (at some points it was darkish), then stopped. During that time I went to the ER (for the 1st) episode, and called my OB for the second, then went in the next day, which was Monday for an u/s where everything looked just fine.

So many women share different stories of bleeding and different lengths and coloring, and amount and still delivered healthy babies. So I know it's hard, but try to relax, think positive and count down your next u/s (when is that?)

October 11th, 2011, 2:36 pm #5

So glad I'm not alone!!

October 12th, 2011, 1:42 am #6

Hi,
I had two eps of bleeding at weeks 5 and then 7. the first the bleeding was red then brownish and didn't last long e.g. a day. At week 7 it lasted the same length of time.
Go to bed and rest. If the bleeding is scant e.g. not flowing and it is getting brown as opposed to bright red then its starting to stop.
Let us knkow how you are going but go to the doc again if you are still worried. they are used to pg ladies being worried so if it gives you peace of mind then go see them ok.
It is a worry I know but rest and rest more and see how you go, best, THK
ps. my clinic increased my progesterone when I started to bleed and that may have stopped the bleeding pretty quickly... ask about increasong progesterone as my doc said 'you can't have too much of it so increase it'.