How many betas do you do?

How many betas do you do?

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 19th, 2011, 3:13 pm #1

My doc stopped at #2. My second beta almost tripled and it was in the lower 1000. Doc said: see you in 2 1/2 weeks for the u/s. Who can wait that long .

Should i ask for another beta or just wait?

thanks

August 19th, 2011, 3:40 pm #2

I think MOST people do 2 or 3. I kept going into my RE's office and bullying the nurses for more. (He finally told me to leave them alone. I think I had 5 or 6.)

Best of luck to you!

Zaytune
Zaytune

August 19th, 2011, 3:43 pm #3

My doc stopped at #2. My second beta almost tripled and it was in the lower 1000. Doc said: see you in 2 1/2 weeks for the u/s. Who can wait that long .

thanks
I am also in the wait for sono. Like you my betas also were high and reassuring and we stopped at two . I have felt tempted to test again , especially since I have not had too many pregnancy symptoms . But I have resisted the temptation , since the way I look at at watching numbers will not change the outcome in any way . We are monitoring my estrogen and progesterone levls and the doses have been adjusted accordingly . My progesterone was low which scared me somewhat but has improved after increasing the shots . Hang in there , when is your ultrasound ?

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 19th, 2011, 4:36 pm #4

I think MOST people do 2 or 3. I kept going into my RE's office and bullying the nurses for more. (He finally told me to leave them alone. I think I had 5 or 6.)

Best of luck to you!
My RE is out of town and also they are so strict with their rules. I was thinking maybe ask for one more but they will never go for 5 or 6. I do not do well with waiting...yikes...it sucks.

Thanks

August 19th, 2011, 5:06 pm #5

thanks
to you!

thesameboat
thesameboat

August 19th, 2011, 5:17 pm #6

My RE is out of town and also they are so strict with their rules. I was thinking maybe ask for one more but they will never go for 5 or 6. I do not do well with waiting...yikes...it sucks.

Thanks
Fingers are crossed for you here in Germany.

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 19th, 2011, 6:43 pm #7

I am also in the wait for sono. Like you my betas also were high and reassuring and we stopped at two . I have felt tempted to test again , especially since I have not had too many pregnancy symptoms . But I have resisted the temptation , since the way I look at at watching numbers will not change the outcome in any way . We are monitoring my estrogen and progesterone levls and the doses have been adjusted accordingly . My progesterone was low which scared me somewhat but has improved after increasing the shots . Hang in there , when is your ultrasound ?
My sono is sept 6. they are not even checking P4 or e2 because they looked good. I think I will wait. It will be too much work to find another clinic in town to do the b/w.
I just need to find a way to make the time fly.....
I can't believe I want to have m/s to get some reassuarance....
I'll be lookig for your updates.

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 19th, 2011, 6:43 pm #8

Fingers are crossed for you here in Germany.
Thank you!

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 19th, 2011, 6:45 pm #9

to you!
that will not happen here. My RE gets rid of you pretty quick .
I thought I would have learned to be patient after so many IVF cycles.

SamanthaL
SamanthaL

August 19th, 2011, 8:35 pm #10

thanks
My place does a beta, and reports it, at every blood draw once pregnant. It got to the point that I wasn't even paying attention to it because it was just so through the roof.
At 14 weeks pregnant I am still being monitored by my RE.