October 6th, 2011, 12:47 am #1

how limited are you after transfer?

Anonymous
Anonymous

October 6th, 2011, 2:06 am #2

I did bedrest/lounging around for ~ 3 days, got pg n/t

October 6th, 2011, 3:13 am #3

Then back to normal activity. My clinic does not recommend bedrest. No heavy lifting, saunas or hot tubs though.

October 6th, 2011, 3:14 am #4

Then back to normal activity. My clinic does not recommend bedrest. No heavy lifting, saunas or hot tubs though.

Anonymous
Anonymous

October 6th, 2011, 4:14 am #5

3 days bed rest for me

October 6th, 2011, 4:43 am #6

picked up since the transfer.

snowbank03
snowbank03

October 6th, 2011, 6:18 am #7

Many folks do bedrest for 1-3 days. However, the studies indicate that there is no benefit to doing it, and it may work against you. I was not able to do any (success).

October 6th, 2011, 3:51 pm #8

With my OE cycles I rested the day of and the day after transfer. Stayed home, didn't go to work, layed around. First cycle did not implant, second cycle ended in chemical. I also did accupuncture before and after transfers.

With my DE cycle I did not do any accupuncture. I went on a 3 mile walk in the afternoon after the transfer. Returned to work the next day. Had terrible anxiety and had to walk it off every day. Well that cycle worked! So I agree with my RE who says bedrest doesn't help. He said the embryo will not fall out and when women get pregnant naturally they do not have bedrest.

Now, I think you should do whatever you are most comfortable with. If you feel best relaxing and taking a few days off work then do it. Lots of ladies on the board rested for a few days after transfer.

BlessedThistle
BlessedThistle

October 6th, 2011, 8:00 pm #9

Stayed at the hotel, chilled, got room service and relaxed. Two of three successfully implanted.